Complete Review BlackSys CF-100. 2Ch 1080p Sony Exmor CMOS + 720p, GPS, 24/7 Parking.

I've been running CF-100 at the back of my Car for at least 4 months now.
Night recording is something to be desired at, but I guess any camera would perform poorly under the same circumstances.

I'm still using it as a single cam, and would like to see it performance once I installed the 2nd camera (pointing inside the car cabin area).

Recordings:

Any suggestion (aside from @niko 's thread how to clean car wind shield ) with regards to the rattling sounds. It seems getting louder as time passes by.

Has anyone managed to disable the emergency function? It triggers so often even when on lowest sensitivity its a pain to sift through footage. Its bad enough the 1 min standard cycle cant be increased!
Im happy to dismantle and unsolder the gyro if anyone knows which part it is!

Switching from the supplied 3M sticky pad to dual-lock helped a bit with mine. Unfortunately, there is no off setting for the G-sensor, a mistake I won't buy into again. De-soldering it could just cause it to hang when it next boots up (assuming you were able to find the right part and being able to remove it).

You could play around with the mount as it's all screwed together (need to remove outer shell) but be warned, when I modded mine I only made it worse! Maybe if you could squeeze a thin square slither of rubber in between the shell and the ball mount, it could absorb some of the shocks? Or make a completely new mount.

Last edited:
Thanks for reply, sadly the mount wont make much difference, as the main reason for wanting to disable it is that I use for recording my trackdays, which would no doubt trigger even if well isolated. Was really hoping to find a proper fix or a firmware update/hack. If not then will be spending my xmas money on new camera!

I've also had problems with over-sensitivity of the g-sensor and posted that I'd discovered in a youtube video that it was due to using an incompatible memory card. Since switching over to a 64GB Lexar 633x, I've had nary a single trigger. Might be worth seeing if one of the cards recommended in the video helps your situation. Here's the relevant part of the post:

Was becoming concerned that this was a camera problem rather than a card problem, but came across the following video https://www.youtube.com/watch?annot...ature=cards&src_vid=amjcsoExAQU&v=3QAF2flNsVc which claims that dashcams are particularly harsh on cards and that the cards wear out. They need to be of a certain type and construction to ensure longevity.

BTW, I've had similar positive results to Kip using the 3M Dual Lock. There's noticeably less vibration in the video footage compared to the standard adhesive mount.

Last edited:
[Any suggestion (aside from @niko 's thread how to clean car wind shield ) with regards to the rattling sounds. It seems getting louder as time passes by.[/QUOTE]

Sounds more like static rather than rattling. Also seems to be speed related so might be a poor connection or loose wire that is moving around the faster you go.

The hyper sensitivity of the camera is one of the main reasons why I switched to the blacksys ch-100b. I have a lowered car and it was going off all the time. Purchased the other dual camera from them and haven't looked back, now both of my cars have the ch-100b, not sure there's a good solution for this camera (cf-100) relating to the mount or the g sensor.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
USDashCamera BlackSys / Cammsys 24