Complete Review of GT680W Shadow-Tec / Seezeus

Agree with jokiin. Try to upgrade to FW2.4G.

@niko
I could be mistaken of course, but I'm almost sure I read somewhere that in the menue, you can change the viewing angle... Could be that was unique to just that camera...and that you can change brightness from zero, to -1, -2, -3, or to +1, +2, +3.
Maybe these things varies a lot from camera to camera... I did look at quite a few cameras, before making my choice.

I also noticed on the compared clips, that the objects seemed closer to the camera, on the LS330W clips... Is that solely linked to FOV?

Note that I have yet to receive my first dashcam (LS330W), which is on its way to me.

@niko
I could be mistaken of course, but I'm almost sure I read somewhere that in the menue, you can change the viewing angle... Could be that was unique to just that camera...and that you can change brightness from zero, to -1, -2, -3, or to +1, +2, +3.
Maybe these things varies a lot from camera to camera... I did look at quite a few cameras, before making my choice.

I also noticed on the compared clips, that the objects seemed closer to the camera, on the LS330W clips... Is that solely linked to FOV?

Note that I have yet to receive my first dashcam (LS330W), which is on its way to me.

My bad translation sharpness vs brightness ;).
You right, brightness can be adjusted, I mean EV ( exposure value ) : -2, -2/3, -4/3, 0, + 4/3, +2/3, +2
AWB ( white balance ) you can set: auto, daylight, flueorescent, tungsten, cloudy,

I do have LS300W ( not LS330W ).
LS300W FOV is narrower than GT680W, there for on LS300W objects are closer to the camera.

On some dash cams I tested the FOV is narrower when selecting 720p/30fps, but not on GT680W, - FOV stays same there as on 1080p/30fps. Don't know how the settings on LS330W, - never had it in my hand.

Great review. I'm about to buy one of these dashcams. Actually I need a 2ch camera which can also be used as a park camera, however rear mirror solutons are not yet successful.

I read this review thanks to my friend Olgu. We're fans of your reviews. Thanks a lot.

Great review. I'm about to buy one of these dashcams. Actually I need a 2ch camera which can also be used as a park camera, however rear mirror solutons are not yet successful.

I read this review thanks to my friend Olgu. We're fans of your reviews. Thanks a lot.

Thanks, I do my best.
And welcome to the forum!

Latest FW is now 2.5g... Changing quick

Whats is diffetence with 2.4g? Does it work with gps module correctly?
My very first gt680w 2 month ago had v2.7 and it didnt work with gps correctly.

Since they updated the GPS receiver to the thin 5hz high speed GPS is great.
2.4g and 2.5g both work as expected.

My bad translation sharpness vs brightness ;).
You right, brightness can be adjusted, I mean EV ( exposure value ) : -2, -2/3, -4/3, 0, + 4/3, +2/3, +2
AWB ( white balance ) you can set: auto, daylight, flueorescent, tungsten, cloudy,

I do have LS300W ( not LS330W ).
LS300W FOV is narrower than GT680W, there for on LS300W objects are closer to the camera.

On some dash cams I tested the FOV is narrower when selecting 720p/30fps, but not on GT680W, - FOV stays same there as on 1080p/30fps. Don't know how the settings on LS330W, - never had it in my hand.
FOV of LS330W same as GT550WS, which is closer to object if compare to GT680W

Thank you for the informative review, Niko.

What is the difference between the GT680W listed at

Foxoffer versus
Amazon (e-Prance)

The model numbers are the same, but the Amazon only lists a 140deg lens.

Am I overlooking something?

Thank you for the informative review, Niko.

What is the difference between the GT680W listed at

Foxoffer versus
Amazon (e-Prance)

The model numbers are the same, but the Amazon only lists a 140deg lens.

Am I overlooking something?

I am not familiar with e-Prance stock, but they are also has been proven to be good re-seller, however I don't know if e-Prance has exactly the same product as Foxoffer. Maybe best if you write to e-Prance and ask them same question.

Last edited:
Just ordered the one from e-prance. The Shadow-Tec product page has 140 degree lens for that one. http://www.shadow-tec.com/info.asp?id=66

You right, some places advertise 160 some 140 degree.
If comparing to DOD LS300W (which advertises 140 degree ), then GT680W has much wider FOV, so this way we can say it is 160 degree diagonal. But I haven't done actual grid-tests ( don't have a grid at home ) so can not confirm which data is correct.

I followed niko's advice and emailed e-Prance. Their fast response is the following:

About your first link: Please trust us. Our GT680W is the Original camera. We get it from the factory directly. While I don't know if the factory support many kinds device with two languages or multiple languages. It is responsible by our purchaser.
Since our market is only American on Amazon, most of products on my store is only support English and Simplified Chinese. Hope you would like to understand us=)
About your second link:
Yes, it is the factory's website. we just get product from here. hope I could give you answer.
So...according to e-Prance it is the same part. I have a GT550W that I also ordered from e-Prance so I can do a comparison. I was actually looking to get another manufacturer to compare, but ended up with getting the GT680W.

Now I'm wondering about GT680W or G1W. Seems to be similar chip and matrix set. Overal video quality is better than average too (compared to my old dead-by-now f500lhd). Do not need GPS support. Is GT680W worth $40 more compared to G1W? Thanks in advance for help.

Back