Confused

I think my 'permanent live' might switch off when the car does an auto stop (at traffic lights etc). However I have not been able to establish 100% if this is what's happening as the auto stop start rarely works. All I know is that the cam shuts down. The Ign. live deffo stays live though, so it shouldn't shut down anyway if the PMP is ON. There again. it may be because I have the PMP switched OFF and the battery voltage drops below the 12V cutoff.
Just goes to show that it's a bit of a mare sorting this out unless you can reliably replicate the 'fault' situation which I can't.

OK, I can confirm PMP working properly at 12V cutout.

As Hillbilly said, on my car there is about a 5 minute delay before shutdown.

Anyone can advise which parking mode is more efficient for the battery if at all? I have it currently set to Time Lapse

Thanks for this.
My 900s is taking some time to power up on movement/ignition, (Looking for the red LED)

Also I'm not getting a GPS light at all.
Could be the unit, could be the positioning or I've switched the LED off in options!
Will check the switches and options and maybe go back into options and restore some LED indicators for a while, until I get more familiar with it!

The blue GPS light will only illuminate when it's needed (when you're driving).
It will go out when in parking mode, until the camera registers movement again - as it already knows it's last known position, so turns itself off until movement is detected again.
There is no need for GPS to be constantly active if the vehicle is sat on a driveway all night not moving.

I turn all my LEDs off in the settings, but leave the GPS one on.

This way, you do not get bright lights shining inside the vehicle when in parking mode, or anything distracting the driver whilst driving.
Keeping the GPS one on, I can still see the camera working whilst driving, and it goes completely dark when in parking mode - so people don't see a light on in the vehicle.

The blue GPS light will only illuminate when it's needed (when you're driving).
It will go out when in parking mode, until the camera registers movement again - as it already knows it's last known position, so turns itself off until movement is detected again.
There is no need for GPS to be constantly active if the vehicle is sat on a driveway all night not moving.

I turn all my LEDs off in the settings, but leave the GPS one on.

This way, you do not get bright lights shining inside the vehicle when in parking mode, or anything distracting the driver whilst driving.
Keeping the GPS one on, I can still see the camera working whilst driving, and it goes completely dark when in parking mode - so people don't see a light on in the vehicle.
Definitely, something you can do.
However, in some cases, we have seen a solid blue and red light, thus meaning a corrupt SD card.
The newer DR750S and DR900S have smaller LED lights compared to the older Blackvues, so for our staff, we just leave them on.

Back