Connection issue

tropis

Reaction score
Country
Poland
Hi,
I have already lost all hope - JooVuu Support will never answer my query.
I hope you guys will help me :)

I am in possession of JooVuu X Camera with Capacitor.
It was working fine during last 3 years but now I am not able to connect my camera to the App on Android. It still records very well - I am just not able to connect it to the App.

I am able to establish WiFi connection between cell phone and camera. But, JooVuu App cannot connect to the camera.

I have already:
- reset the camera using "reset button"
- reset my cell phone
- restored my cell phone to default settings
- formatted SD card as per manual - but SD card did not get formatted.

Do you have any ideas how to deal with it?

JooVuu is no longer in business so you won't get any help from there.

Phil

Hmm... There is some kind of JooVuu website https://www.joovuu.com/gb/ so I was thinking they are still active.
Does anyone have a software for this camera and a step by step instruction how to install it?
I am able to connect to camera's WiFi so I believe it is a software problem (not hardware).

I think thats just a ghost site now, it have been years since i heard or saw anything from Joovuu.

Updating firmware is like all othe cameras, get the correct firmware file, put it on the memory card and power on the camera, but if something go wrong then as the X cam are a Ambraella camera you need to restore it with the USB direct and a firmware in .elf format VS the regular firmware's that are .bin format.

Does anyone have elf (or bin) file of newest FW ?

I have a folder with .elf file and . bin file of a min July 2016 firmware, if it is what you need you can use that .elf file to get the camera back up and running, and then load whatever other firmware in .bin format as regular.

As i recall you have to push one of the camera buttons for direct USB to be able to see the camera and work with it, but it have been many years and other stuff have faded from my memory,,, it is a A7 ?? SOC in it ( there is a few to choose from )

They did use to have a video on how to use Direct USB with the X cam but i can not find it

Thx a lot. This is what I was looking for.
I believe 160715 version is the newest official version ever issued.

I have at least six JooVuu X firmwares on an old computer. I generally preferred to go straight for the .elf file because the .bin files usually failed.

jv-x_160625.elf
jv-x_160704.elf
jv-x_160723.elf
jv-x_160816.elf
jv-x_160816.test.elf
jv-x_160906.elf

I have the .bin files, too, plus some with a .e2b suffix, and maybe even a few other files (I was a Beta-tester).

I still have a handful of JooVuu X cameras and they continue to work after >100k miles and remain in use in my cars even today.

I never seemed to have the problems that many others had but I did find the X cam was fussy about power supply and memory card. Possibly also fussy about which of its many settings were in use.

I used power cables from Transcend or other branded cameras because the X camera would sometimes do cranky things with the JooVuu power cable or with USB cables, especially long USB cables.
Memory cards such as Samsung Evo, Toshiba Exceria, Sandisk Ultra and Transcend all worked well over the years but Kingston, PNY, Integral and many others would intermittently stop recording.

Last edited:
I have at least six JooVuu X firmwares on an old computer. I generally preferred to go straight for the .elf file because the .bin files usually failed.

jv-x_160625.elf
jv-x_160704.elf
jv-x_160723.elf
jv-x_160816.elf
jv-x_160816.test.elf
jv-x_160906.elf

I have the .bin files, too, plus some with a .e2b suffix, and maybe even a few other files (I was a Beta-tester).

I still have a handful of JooVuu X cameras and they continue to work after >100k miles and remain in use in my cars even today.

I never seemed to have the problems that many others had but I did find the X cam was fussy about power supply and memory card. Possibly also fussy about which of its many settings were in use.

I used power cables from Transcend or other branded cameras because the X camera would sometimes do cranky things with the JooVuu power cable or with USB cables, especially long USB cables.
Memory cards such as Samsung Evo, Toshiba Exceria, Sandisk Ultra and Transcend all worked well over the years but Kingston, PNY, Integral and many others would intermittently stop recording.
Seems you have more than everyone else combined. For the sake of future questions, when you get a chance can you archive the .elf and best FW files somewhere online for posterity? I still have mine bricked, but oneday I'd like to play with it again.

Phil

Seems you have more than everyone else combined. For the sake of future questions, when you get a chance can you archive the .elf and best FW files somewhere online for posterity? I still have mine bricked, but oneday I'd like to play with it again.

Phil

I have an old MEGA account so I just uploaded the files to that. I put all the firmwares into sub-folders within a larger folder.

Link here (took about 15 minutes to upload):

Although I have no malicious intent, please note that I take no responsibility for any adverse occurrences caused by any of these files or firmware versions.
Some may well have been beta versions with serious bugs in them. At least one fw version or app version messed up the password to connect the cam to the app, changing the default from something like 12345678 to 2345678.

From memory I think I preferred the 160816 firmware but as it was over four years ago I'll have to check which fw is on my cameras in the next few days.

Again, from memory, the 160816.test firmware was experimenting with improving video quality at 60fps but from memory I still preferred 30fps even with fast-moving objects/roadside scenery.

A some point I might find screenshots, video clips taken from side-by-side X-cams running different firmwares, testing notes or even archived discussions with Dan relating to the testing of some of the firmwares.

Also found two files (programs?) that I can't remember what they do - perhaps a failed PC program or perhaps a program required to add .elf files. Also found .elf file update instructions.

Again, I take no responsibility for adverse occurences resulting from these files.

Links:

'setup jvx.exe'

'1.60setup.exe'

.elf file update instructions:

Last edited:
Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
dirkzelf JooVuu 21
Crispman JooVuu 7
dirkzelf JooVuu 26
Back