Considering Mobius Purchase

bower4311

Reaction score
Country
United States
I am considering purchasing this for my first dash cam. Front facing, just want something basic in case of an insurance issue. I live in North Carolina, USA where it will get hot but not quite as hot as other places. From what I understand I should probably get the "A" lens?
Also, what mounting and wires do I need to run it in my 2014 Ram Pickup? What are the best options for keeping it looking good?
Anything else I should know before ordering?
Best seller for US with quickest shipping?

Do you have any sort of overhead console with power point? Or map lights? The mobius is powered by a 5V usb plug. It comes with a 12v cig lighter plug that steps down the voltage. You can run it off of any standard 5v USB outlet you may have in your pickup, using a USB to mini USC wire. (One comes with it) There are aftermarket 12v to 5v outlet things you can buy.
Where you want to mount it, (usually top center of windshield) and where you will power it will determine how hard it is to mount. I'd stick with a suction cup mount at first, do some trial and error, figure out if there is an easy 'stealth' mounting option.

There are several sellers on Amazon, which gives you a predictable shipping time.

Do you have any sort of overhead console with power point? Or map lights? The mobius is powered by a 5V usb plug. It comes with a 12v cig lighter plug that steps down the voltage. You can run it off of any standard 5v USB outlet you may have in your pickup, using a USB to mini USC wire. (One comes with it) There are aftermarket 12v to 5v outlet things you can buy.
Where you want to mount it, (usually top center of windshield) and where you will power it will determine how hard it is to mount. I'd stick with a suction cup mount at first, do some trial and error, figure out if there is an easy 'stealth' mounting option.

There are several sellers on Amazon, which gives you a predictable shipping time.

One caveat to the above advice is that for a Mobius you really need a USB port in your vehicle that has an output if at least 1 amp. Unfortunately many vehicles only output .5 amps, so it's a good idea to check before committing to this install method.

What the heck is a mini USC wire? Never heard of that. The standard Mobius power/data cable is a type USB-A to mini-B 5 pin.

It's called a typo. Unless you are a USC fan.

I do have an overhead console with lights and my rear window switch. Will I be able to tap into that? I'm not very good with that sort of stuff. Or do I just run the wires next to the ones that are already going to that?

Last edited:
Somebody here may have that specific model of truck, and can tell you. It may be easier than you think, or ??
The 'hard wire' kit is what you would want.

If you can live with using the cig lighter plug for a while, getting the camera in your hands will give you more ideas. I have not permanently mounted mine, since i switch them out, move them around.

Somebody here may have that specific model of truck, and can tell you. It may be easier than you think, or ??
The 'hard wire' kit is what you would want.

If you can live with using the cig lighter plug for a while, getting the camera in your hands will give you more ideas. I have not permanently mounted mine, since i switch them out, move them around.

Good idea.
I have a 2014 RAM 1500 SLT quad cab

Novotm at amazon or buymobius.com same company. Great customer service

Last edited:
Novotm at amazon or buymobius.com same company. Great customer service

I have to agree. I have recently purchased a couple of Mobius cameras & accessories from buymobius.com and have been very happy with their customer service, responses and shipping times.

Back