Constant restarting!!!

DJFroggy

Reaction score
Country
United States
Hey guys,

New issue with my not even a year old T130 3 channel dashcam. I noticed the power up sound when I got in my car a few hours ago. Normally it doesn't make a sound besides saying "recording 3 channels started" because it's in parking mode. Except this time I heard the power up sound a few times. It would just keep restarting over and over. So, on a troubleshooting guess I unplugged the rear camera and plugged the power back in. It booted up normally and said "Recording 2 channels started". So obviously the problem is the rear camera. Nothing has touched that camera besides cleaning the lens since I installed it almost a year ago. I am disappointed to say the least. Anyone have any ideas? @VIOFO-Support @viofo

Thank you in advance.

New issue with my not even a year old T130 3 channel dashcam. I noticed the power up sound when I got in my car a few hours ago. Normally it doesn't make a sound besides saying "recording 3 channels started" because it's in parking mode. Except this time I heard the power up sound a few times. It would just keep restarting over and over. So, on a troubleshooting guess I unplugged the rear camera and plugged the power back in. It booted up normally and said "Recording 2 channels started". So obviously the problem is the rear camera. Nothing has touched that camera besides cleaning the lens since I installed it almost a year ago. I am disappointed to say the least. Anyone have any ideas? @VIOFO-Support @viofo

Thank you in advance.
Most likely, the memory card is living its life and does not pull three cameras.
I also noticed this on my model, if you put in a weak memory card, then it starts to reboot and turning off the rear camera of the T130 will turn on.
If you put a very weak card, then it will restart with the rear camera turned off.

Most likely, the memory card is living its life and does not pull three cameras.
I also noticed this on my model, if you put in a weak memory card, then it starts to reboot and turning off the rear camera of the T130 will turn on.
If you put a very weak card, then it will restart with the rear camera turned off.
I don't think a Samsung Pro Endurance is considered a weak card. Plus, it doesn't turn the rear camera off. I have to manually unplug it to fix the restarting issue.

I don't think a Samsung Pro Endurance is considered a weak card. Plus, it doesn't turn the rear camera off. I have to manually unplug it to fix the restarting issue.
Have you checked if the card is still good? Over time some cards get massively slower if they don't get formatted.

I'm writing through a translator, maybe that's why you don't understand me.
The rear camera itself did not turn off, I turned it off.
With a very weak memory card, the T130 only restarted, even without a rear camera.
Have you checked if the card is still good? Over time some cards get massively slower if they don't get formatted.
This might be a problem.

Another reason for a reboot can be a weak power supply.
I don’t know how your T130 is connected, but for the sake of experiment, try connecting it to the car’s cigarette lighter through a standard adapter.

Last edited:
I'm writing through a translator, maybe that's why you don't understand me.
The rear camera itself did not turn off, I turned it off.
With a very weak memory card, the T130 only restarted, even without a rear camera.

This might be a problem.

Another reason for a reboot can be a weak power supply.
I don’t know how your T130 is connected, but for the sake of experiment, try connecting it to the car’s cigarette lighter through a standard adapter.
The sd card is only a few months old. I just checked and it has 0 errors on it. I have it hardwired for parking mode and the power source is good and constant.

This could also be a cabling issue.
The rear cable is either not connected properly, or maybe it is and you need a new rear cable (sometimes if the cable has excessively bent either at the connection or somewhere else, it won't function properly).

The sd card is only a few months old. I just checked and it has 0 errors on it. I have it hardwired for parking mode and the power source is good and constant.
If you want to find the cause, then you need to check everything.
Memory card. (There may be no errors on it, but the write speed has decreased).
A power supply can produce enough Volts, but have a weak current strength = Amperes.
Rear camera cable. (Do not solder the plug or something else).

If you want to find the cause, then you need to check everything.
Memory card. (There may be no errors on it, but the write speed has decreased).
A power supply can produce enough Volts, but have a weak current strength = Amperes.
Rear camera cable. (Do not solder the plug or something else).
Thank you. I know I have to check everything. The card is fine and if this is gonna happen every few months, I don't want this camera anymore. I want a dashcam that you can set it and forget it not something I always gotta tinker with ya know??

Thank you. I know I have to check everything. The card is fine and if this is gonna happen every few months, I don't want this camera anymore. I want a dashcam that you can set it and forget it not something I always gotta tinker with ya know??
I understand it all. Everyone wants a hassle-free DVR, but lately, memory cards have been preventing it from working properly.
Another tip: remove the memory card when the DVR starts to reboot again and check it for speed. There were memory cards in which the write speed decreased by 10 times, although everything was fine when buying.

There were memory cards in which the write speed decreased by 10 times
I had exactly that happen. A complete full format fixed it for me.
Compared it before and after with CrystalDiskMark.

Quite bad actually!

Quite bad actually!
I'm past the return window with Amazon but thanks to my expert negotiation skills, they've already issued a credit to my gift card balance so I can order another one. However, I'm still not 100% on it being the card. Let me go try a 128gb in it really quick.

1. Remove the rear camera cable from the front camera.
2. If is still creating problems, use original charger.

Waiting for your feedback.

Ok so, I first tried it with a 128gb San disk extreme SD card and the rear camera plugged in. It kept restarting so I unplugged the rear camera and it worked no problem. Next, I plugged the rear camera wire back in my T130 but unplugged the camera from the wire in the back. The camera operated normally. So, now I know it's not the wire but the actual rear camera.

Check the connector from rear camera, maybe it is wobbling.
If the connector is looking strong and not detached from the rear camera PCB, make your test again to be sure it is not the cable. 95% is a cable problem, 4% is rear camera connector problem, 0,001% is the rear camera problem.
This means 99,999% is user action problem over the camera setup and not Viofo cameras problem.

Ok so I used the wire to transfer some stuff from my phone to my laptop no problems at all. The wire is good. I'm not sure what else to check.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
E T130 1
Back