Constantly recording

Maxyboyy

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi I have a Nextbase 222x dash cam in my car which is powered by the cigarette lighter socket, & has a Samsung 128 gb SD card installed. The problem is that when the car is parked & if I don’t use the car till the following morning, I check the camera that day and have file after file of recordings to which none of them show my car being hit or anyone being close to my car. I thought that when the camera is set in parking mode it would only show recordings if my car was hit during the night or if any strange activity was detected close to my car, not anything else, this would mean I would have no files stored on my SD card if I was lucky enough not to have my car hit or any other activity which would set off the camera recording during the night.(if this makes sense apologies if it doesn’t lol ) just seems a lot of wasted memory and time spent checking the SD card if nothing happens during the night.(to the car that is ) or is this what all cameras do regardless of anything happening? I’m old so not up to date with all this high-tech stuff lol so any advice regarding this would be appreciated thanks

You need a hard wire kit to get parking mode to work in most cases. It sounds like your cigarette lighter socket is always powered, most cars shut off power to that outlet when the car is turned off. Check your menus to see if there is a motion detection option for your dashcam, that should reduce the amount of video where nothing happens.

Back