Continuous recording ???

Webb

Reaction score
Country
United States
Dash Cam
Blackvue dr650gw-2ch
How can I set to continuous recording ? The only setup is 1 minute interval and 3 minutes.I have mine set at 3 minutes and at the end of the 3 minutes jumps forward a few seconds maybe 3-5.The Youtube videos looks like are longer then 3 minutes and unedited.

How can I do that ?

Thank you

If you see longer YouTube videos done with a BlackVue camera, they have been pieced together using an external program. The best file length to run is the default 1 minute. Here is a YouTube video I posted of a near-miss. The incident happened right at the junction of 2 files and I pieced them together. You can barely hear or see the splice in this video:

Last edited:
Thank Gary,which software do you use ?

Thank Gary,which software do you use ?

I just have a very basic application on my iPad called "Splice". I have not looked for Windows apps, but I am sure there are some free ones out there. Maybe someone can offer some advice. Even spliced together, the segments are not 100% seamless as the camera misses several frames as it is closing one segment and opening the next. You can hear it in the above clip as I honk my horn. The video is really jumping forward maybe a quarter of a second due to the missed frames. My usual mode of operation is to note the time when I see some event that I want to download. When I get somewhere where I can stop and access the camera on my iPad, I located that time in the files and verify that a particular file contains the event that I want then download it to my iPad. When I get home, I can use iTunes to upload them to my desktop computer. Here is a clip I made with a GoPro camera several years ago. It's a good thing this woman wasn't texting while driving! I was coming out of the subterranean garage of my condo complex when this woman was stopped in front of the driveway texting. I gave her a couple of quick toots on the horn. No response. I gave her a couple more quick toots. STILL no response. Finally, I gave her a short blast on the horn. STILL STILL no response. Finally, a woman walks in from the right and taps on her window. Watch the woman jump out of her skin and give me sort of an evil look!

Last edited:
Found one called MP4Tools, which comes with both "joiner" and "splitter"-tool.

It's insanly fast, doesn't re-encode the clips (although you have the option to do so, i you wish) so it just joins the "on-the-fly".

http://mp4joiner.org

OpenSource and Freeware. :)

Back