Converting to English Firmware

Anyone? Bueller... Bueller... ... Bueller..

I checked on the Blackview site and it looks like the latest "English" FW listed is (2.002) dated 14-05-13.

Can I take this FW, do the "Korea/English" edits listed on post 1 from this thread, and possibly get my camera to English prompts? Anyone?

I just got my 500 and having the same problem and questions. I tried the Korea/English swap as described on page 1 using the 2.002E firmware and it did not work. Anyone get this working more recently? Anyone have the old 1.005E firmware? The links in this thread are broken...

Update: I found an old 1.005E online and followed all the instructions. It did not work. After I changed English to Korea, after I plugged it in, it unit overwrote the SD card with the 2.002 Korean firmware. Then changing it back from Korea to English did nothing good.

Last edited:
I found some instructions on another forum about connecting wirelessly to the 500 via telnet and making some changes. But, I have yet to figure out how to telnet to the camera. I've been able to connect the PC to the camera network. I can open up the telnet window. But, I guess I am not using the right commands in order to make the necessary changes. I get stuck on 2nd step (enter the ip address)

Here are the instructions I found. Let me know if you succeed on this. Perhaps I am simply missing a step.

- connect to the DVR via wi-fi.
- run telnet and enter the address 192.168.8.1
- in telnet type command:
cd /mnt/nand
rm -rf *
halt

- eject microSD from DVR
- download and install on microsd English firmware.
- insert into DVR
- reboot DVR.
- wait for installing english firmware.
- Done

I will try tonight when I get home from work. I'm not familiar with using telnet, but I did a little searching - if you didn't try it already, I think the first entry must be:

telnet 192.168.8.1
or
open 192.168.8.1
(not sure which)

Then it MAY (sorry not familiar with this stuff) prompt you for a username and password. Other forums say the username is root and the password is pt

Good luck!

Where did you get it from (if you don't mind me asking)?

Amazon. But the seller I got it from isn't listed anymore. It's a different seller now.

Guess that is the best we will be able to do. Returning mine as well. Good luck with your next one. :)

Back