Cool Turn Bro

BlazinBob

Reaction score
Country
United States
Dash Cam
BlackVue DR500GW-HD
Watch for the black Honda in the first lane to my right. I guess they're more like "suggested turn lanes." Police car drives by at just the right time, but alas, it is "out of service."

There was a red light camera after you turned. I wonder if the camera would have picked up on that turning anomaly and he would be mailed a violation ticket.

No.
Red light cams would only enforce red light running, it's up to mobile cops to enforce lane violations.

He did run a red light. Left turn arrow was red.

Even the red light camera companies didn't expect a driver to run a red turn arrow like that. I didn't notice any flashes from the cameras, so unfortunately it looks like he didn't trip the sensors.

Even the red light camera companies didn't expect a driver to run a red turn arrow like that. I didn't notice any flashes from the cameras, so unfortunately it looks like he didn't trip the sensors.

Must be how they are programmed, they sense the vehicles while they are crossing the lines in relation to when the lights is red.

If you go 4 meters over the line, while stopping hard, the camera will get you but won't receive any ticket....
If you are stopped at red turning lanes but lights are green for straight ahead traffic and go straight from that right turning lane the cam will catch you but you won't recieve a ticket.......that is speaking from limited experience while driving with other people who did these things....

Saw a motor bike get done by a cam today, he went around the cars when lights turned green, he used the right turn lane, but like I suspect, he won't get done for a ticket because technically he didn't turn right. Add not indicating(twice) and improper lane change(twice) to what he did wrong.
This footage is what I was referring to in post #7.

Back