Driver passes me on a fast dual carriageway and then brakes hard to exit the turn off.

Mark S-H

Reaction score
Country
Bulgaria
Dash Cam
K6000, G1WH, G1WC, B1W, B4K
This video was recorded by me on the 24th October 2023 while driving on a fast dual carriageway heading towards Burgas in Bulgaria.
I was approaching the slow moving truck thing and wanted to overtake but I noticed a car (Reg. A 9016 HH) approaching behind me in the overtaking lane to which I let him overtake but as soon as he passed me he suddenly realised he wanted to take the exit slip road and subsequently braked hard in front of me causing me to also brake hard to avoid rear-ending him.
...I have removed the impolite swear words!! :D

Last edited:
I had something similar happen yesterday, mind you more relaxed, just some BMW idiot overtaking me only to 200 M later brake and make a right turn onto some other road.
So overtaking me, he gained 0.5 second at the most.

Also here Christmas tree time, meaning many tractors with X mas trees on the road, and the law here say if you are in a slow vehicle and a line of cars is forming behind you, you must pull over ASAP and let people pass.
Guy in tractor, from some " far" away country, just running his flashers in all kind of ways, i assume to get people to pass him where no passing is allowed, and driving strait past several rest stops with like 1 KM of traffic behind him.
So on a 90 km/h road we was driving 30 km/h for 2 - 3 KM behind that idiot in his tractor.

I am 100 % okay with people coming here to work, we sorely need that here in Denmark, but idiots, well i would prefer they stray away.

and subsequently braked hard in front of me
To be fair, there was nobody behind him when he braked hard; if he had known that you were going to swap lanes as soon as be braked, he could have just changed lanes in front of you and not inconvenienced you at all.

Of course he should have realised that you were closing on the truck and would want to overtake it, so yes, his fault, and he should have slowed for the junction sooner and changed lanes behind you so that he didn't need to squeeze through a small gap, and he needs to fix a brake light...

To be fair, there was nobody behind him when he braked hard; if he had known that you were going to swap lanes as soon as be braked, he could have just changed lanes in front of you and not inconvenienced you at all.

Of course he should have realised that you were closing on the truck and would want to overtake it, so yes, his fault, and he should have slowed for the junction sooner and changed lanes behind you so that he didn't need to squeeze through a small gap, and he needs to fix a brake light...
Except I did have my indicator on showing that I was intending to overtake the truck before he past me, but I should've included this in the explanation above.
I thought he was going to continue in the overtaking lane to pass the truck and I was going to follow him but alas!
It's very common here for vehicles to have faulty lights so it's not a surprise.

Which dashcam was it?

The flexing of the mount has recorded your heavy braking quite well!

Which dashcam was it?
The flexing of the mount has recorded your heavy braking quite well!
I'm using a BlueSkySea B4K which I've been using for a few years now. It's ok except the rear camera is mirrored and has a sepia tint. See this LINK. There is no way of correcting this except to buy a new rear view camera at about $50 :confused:
I am braking quite hard, and I there was 3 people and a dog in the car. You can see the speed drop from about 70km/h to below 40km/h in about 4 seconds.

Last edited:
I couldn't see the speed, but I could see the mount flex. I don't remember seeing the B4K mount flex that much, so must have been hard braking, but yes, it is quite a nice camera.

I couldn't see the speed, but I could see the mount flex. I don't remember seeing the B4K mount flex that much, so must have been hard braking, but yes, it is quite a nice camera.
I suspect it is the front of the car dipping down as the brakes are applied not actually the camera mount moving. The camera mount is very secure.

Back