Copy videos to iPhone's Photos

nunz

Reaction score
Country
United States
I can certainly watch the videos recorded onto the SD card with BlackVue.app running on my iPhone 5s. However:
(1) Am I correct that I cannot import a video into iMovie or Camera Role, for example?
(2) Or, is there a way to upload a video to my Dropbox account?

My point of asking these questions is that I would like to have copies of particular video files from the SD card for safe-keeping without taking the SD card out of DR650.

These features may already be present in BlackVue.app and I may not be seeing it.
Either way, please point me in the right direction.

Hi there..

I just got my Dr650 set up last night running off a Cellink B and was able to play around with it a bit.

To copy the files using the app on your iphone do the following:

1) Connect to the DR650 via wifi.
2) find the files you want, and click and "hold" the file name. This will then pop up another dialog box that will give you the option to save it to the blackvue app's "internal storage".
3) once the files are saved on the internal storage, you can then view them in the blackvue app by clicking on the "internal storage" icon.
4) There you basically do the same thing. Click and hold the filename to pop up another dialog, and this time you will have the option to "Copy to Album". This will then copy the selected file to your camera roll.

Hope that helps!

Last edited:
I felt that the quality was poor using this method.

Ended up removing the SD-card. Wanted to zoom to read license plate.

Obviously in order to gain the full experience offered by the desktop application, you would definitely want to plug your sd card into the computer to transfer the files that way.

I guess for the OP's original requirement of:

My point of asking these questions is that I would like to have copies of particular video files from the SD card for safe-keeping without taking the SD card out of DR650.

This is a quick way of copying the files off the SD card onto your phone without having to pull the sd card out, if it's just one file your interested in for example, which you can easily then upload to dropbox or whatever you wanted to afterwards.

That's interesting.

So if one downloads the 1min file onto the internal storage of the phone then this file will have less quality than a file directly loaded from the sd card ?

What is the difference I wonder ?

Transfer the file to your phone via BlackVue App. Copy the file from phone to computer.
Copy file from SD card to computer.
Compare.

Transfer the file to your phone via BlackVue App. Copy the file from phone to computer.
Copy file from SD card to computer.
Compare.

Ok

So what's your analysis ?

That's interesting.

So if one downloads the 1min file onto the internal storage of the phone then this file will have less quality than a file directly loaded from the sd card ?

What is the difference I wonder ?

I wonder if that is true. I've only downloaded videos to my phone (Android) and have been pretty disappointed with the quality. I never considered that transferring via the phone reduced the quality. Looking at the files I've copied to my phone and then transferred to my computer via dropbox the quality say 1920x1080 30fps with I think a bitrate of 8000. This would lead me to believe they are the same quality but I haven't done an actual test yet.

Why.. does it seem impossible for BlackVue to have a WiFi enabled laptop reach the files on the camera?? This WiFi feature would be so much better if the PC program could see the micro chip via WiFi the same as it does via the USB adaptor.

Back