CPL for B1W dashcam available now!

Has nothing to do with the glass. I noticed this before I even put it on the glass.

Where can I leave my review? I'm loving my CPL filter! It made everything much clearer on the day and night and anytime but especially in the night since I always have my phone in the magnetic mount wiht the screen on I finally no longer see my phone's screen reflected on the video captured by the dash cam!

If anyone is thinking about purchasing this CPL is well worth the money 100% recommended!

Where can I leave my review? I'm loving my CPL filter! It made everything much clearer on the day and night and anytime but especially in the night since I always have my phone in the magnetic mount wiht the screen on I finally no longer see my phone's screen reflected on the video captured by the dash cam!

If anyone is thinking about purchasing this CPL is well worth the money 100% recommended!
Please post your photos here :)

Received my CPL filter and this is what I observed:

- When I opened the package, the information card said to remove the protective film from the lens. I did not have any protective film on my filter. i thought it was a thin layer that I couldn't see, so I used a thin blade utility knife to pick at the edge of the lens to see if a film edge would come loose. Nothing was coming loose, so I'm assuming there was no lens film protector on my filter. Plus, there was an oily or greasy film on the inside lens and a bit on the outer lens surface. I cleaned it off as best I could with some alcohol wipes. Obviously, I couldn't get right to the edges of where the lens meets the filter's housing.

- The filter looks well made. It is not made of plastic, but actually made out of metal. Smooth finish and shaped to fit right over the B1W lens.

- As for the function of the lens, for the most part, sometimes I couldn't tell any difference between not using the lens and using the lens when viewing recorded videos. I still get the reflections from the dash and artifacts. I even tried rotating the filter 180 degrees to see if that would make a difference, but it didn't. I do see, to my eyes, a sharper image with the filter though. However, when comparing still images of the same spot using and not using the filter, I do see a reduction, but not an elimination, of the reflections.

- Overall, I think the filter does help a bit in some situations, but it won't make your videos perfect.

- Uploaded a couple of photos without and with the filter. Tried to upload a comparison video, but it wouldn't accept it because it said my file was too big (about 2 minutes each file). I gave up on this because I don't know how to crop a 30 second segment from each video.
no filter.JPGwith filter.JPG

Hmm, I do see the cut down in reflection in the bottom right corner, but the bottom left corner has no reduction at all.

I just got mine too and it indeed does not come with any protective film over the lens. Plus there were weird distortion marks that I couldn't clean off until I gave it a good cleaning with the included wipes. After I cleaned it out well, it popped onto the B1W real easily and that was it. So far it looks pretty good to me!

I just got mine too and it indeed does not come with any protective film over the lens. Plus there were weird distortion marks that I couldn't clean off until I gave it a good cleaning with the included wipes. After I cleaned it out well, it popped onto the B1W real easily and that was it. So far it looks pretty good to me!
Also, it will be helpful to reduce reflection if you can clean your windshield.

When will these be on amazon UK?

Hmm, I do see the cut down in reflection in the bottom right corner, but the bottom left corner has no reduction at all.

There is some reduction in the left corner. The reduction is enough for small reflections (such as a shiny dash), but you don't want to cut out too much light. Bight reflections will not be eliminated completely.

Just to let people know I ordered the CPL off eBay, it said it would arrive by December 5th, but it came today, a lot sooner. Haven't got a chance to try it out yet as it's night time. But at least my ordering experience was top notch!

Last edited:
I would like to buy one filter to reduce the reflection of the dashboard. But I have 2 questions:
1. Does the image lose details?
2. During the night or low light scenes do you noted a worsening or no relevant changes occurred?

1. Does the image lose details?
2. During the night or low light scenes do you noted a worsening or no relevant changes occurred?
1. No,
2, Yes, it will cause darkness footage if low light conditions!

Anyone notice with the CPL lense, any surface with reflection will have rainbow color?

Update: picture below

dashcam.jpeg

Last edited:
Back