CPL has delaminated

azchrisf

Reaction score
Country
United States
Our daytime highs here in Phoenix have only hit 89 (and we have 115 regularly in the Summer - think 180 in a car...), yet my CPL of a few months has recently delaminated or something.

Not exactly much to say about the quality...I don't have $45 to spend at the moment. :-(

0317161221_HDR.jpg

Hi that's odd, you're covered under our no hassle 1 year warranty so not to worry. I'll report this to the designer in France to see what might be going on. (not a known issue or anything)
Please email or private message me your order number, name, shipping address and email so we can send out a new one.

Thanks Pier 28, I'll send info in a sec.

De-laminating issues came up one time somewhere else on DCT unrelated to the SG CPL but that can happen sometimes if the optical cement used to glue the polarized glass layers together doesn't cure properly. It can happen, especially with a specialty item like this.

Interesting. Thanks Dashmellow

We've shipped plenty of these to Texas and Australia with no further reports. It must be related to the hand assembly and adhesive. I've sent a message to David of Moovika in France asking for further explanation. Replacement is no problem until then.

Response from France (edited for grammar)

"Hello,
I do not understand where the problem might be from.
I never had this problem with polarizer filters Blackvue sold hundred pcs each month
Please check if the customer does not use glue with dissolving agent as this can seriously damage the lower layers
If this filter is damaged, you can send it to me to investigate"

We'll keep brain storming to see what might be the root cause of the 2 out of several hundred shipped so far.

FYI:
SG = SGZC12SG
GC = SG9665GC
(easier to use last 2 letters)

Seems like people often refer to the SG9665GC in its related threads as the "SG" but GC certainly makes sense. Thanks for the correction! I'll use "GC" from now on.

Response from France (edited for grammar)

"Hello,
I do not understand where the problem might be from.
I never had this problem with polarizer filters Blackvue sold hundred pcs each month
Please check if the customer does not use glue with dissolving agent as this can seriously damage the lower layers
If this filter is damaged, you can send it to me to investigate"

We'll keep brain storming to see what might be the root cause of the 2 out of several hundred shipped so far.

The only thing I've used on it is a dry Walgreens optical cleaning cloth for glasses. Basically a dry micro-fiber towel. Never used any glue on anything. There was obvious running of the glue a little onto the lens used to fix it to the 3d printed frame, which I carefully removed with an Xacto, but it didn't scratch the glass (if it did it would be MY fault), nor can I see how removing a little glue with a flat edge can hurt it. It was fine for 2 months.

Do you want me to send it back to you @Pier28?

Hold the old one for now please. I'll send prepaid label if it's needed in France for inspection.

Last edited:
Hopefully in time for my new car arrival sometime between July/Sept.

Back