CPL Reduces Quality?

I'll set the length to smaller clips tonight on the way home. You guys have bandwidth limits in UK?
Most people around the world have limits or costs when using mobile communications! A high quality jpg or png file is much quicker and easier to access and view...

Focus is an analog adjustment, it is never perfect. That does look a bit far out, but I would want to check it on a static scene with no motion blur and no windshield in the way before declaring it out of focus. There is also some odd colouring, I wonder if it doesn't like your windshield...

ROFL Ok, so far most of A119S owners report the same issue, we all have abused the dash cam that we've paid for... nonsense.
OK, at least you recognized I was being a bit facetious. :)

I'm not totally familiar with the issue so I can't comment. But, if it's proven to be a faulty component or manufacturing defect it's reasonable the the consumer should not be liable.

Potentially a silly question (but putting it out there anyway) - is the A119S final now or is there a chance some factory samples have been sold on (it's happened in the past)?

If they are final maybe a bad first batch - it's happened with other cameras where focus was only checked in the middle and not the sides and like the guys say one side is tightened too much which causes the focus on one side to be out.

My SN ends in 181 which makes me think it's the 181 camera built. I sent @viofo a private message on 3rd of January asking quite the same thing but, like on the other threads with problems, he doesn't respond to them :).

I had a lot of expectations with this camera since A119 and A118C were great cameras, appreciated by everyone. On this forum there were replies to almost everything regarding Viofo cameras. Now all we get is silence.

I had my doubts before buying the S version since it was new on the market. Then i said "it should have the A119 quality at least" and thinking that it will receive firmware updates for a longer period of time than A119. These 2 + the fact that I didn't have any dashcam anymore made me choose A119S. I started to think if I should just return the camera to the seller (here in Romania we have a 14-days full refund policy for e-commerce and I expect the seller to respect it) and go on the Vico Marcus 4 even if it is more expensive than this.

Just to give you some info the @viofo staff that post here are away for a trade show at the moment and have had limited internet access while traveling, I'm sure they'll get back to anyone that is waiting on a reply just as soon as they get a chance, might be a few more days before things are back to normal though

Just to give you some info the @viofo staff that post here are away for a trade show at the moment and have had limited internet access while traveling, I'm sure they'll get back to anyone that is waiting on a reply just as soon as they get a chance, might be a few more days before things are back to normal though
Must have been to see Amberella's presentation @ CES on their new 8K / 4K 120fps H265 processor for the next generation Viofo cameras :)

https://www.ambarella.com/news/104/...HD-SoCs-for-Virtual-Reality-and-Drone-Cameras

Or maybe the H22 with it's 4K 60fps and dual video streams is more likely for a dashcam? :

https://www.ambarella.com/news/105/...-Next-Generation-of-Drones-and-Sports-Cameras

60fps for a dashcam is useless from my point of view. 120fps on dashcam... well... you must want to throw money away to buy that.

Having the same issue here. I took the CPL off, and can confirm, the left is out of focus.

Back