CR-2000 Omega

twodogron

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I am researching best possible 2016 Dash Cam solutions (looking for the best) either single or dual channel cams and came across this "new" model...............I refer to the word "new" cautiously as I have come across several claims of other "new" models that were actually released in 2013......... It seems to me that new technology in the UK can be 2 to 3 years in Korea or China............

Note this one doesn't have that horrible square rear camera as the CR-2000-G

Has anyone come across this one, or better still, has any experienced of it's reliability and functionality ?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/331730044863

Thanks jokiin,
That's my point, maybe needs to be advertised as the "latest model" and forget the bit about "new"...............

You are right, technology to UK ( EU ) retail market comes some time with around few years delay.
Unfortunately at the moment there are now 2 channel systems out there that would suit my personal needs in regards to design, reliability, performance. But your needs might be different to mine.

This thread may be helpful for you:

https://dashcamtalk.com/forum/forums/what-should-i-buy.71/

For 1ch dashcam there are quite few good ones around. You need to specify more what exactly are you looking for.

I've read so many reviews and turned so many different ways I'm dizzy................
First I thought 2ch but every one of those units seems to have some sort of achilles heel, so now I'm probably looking at 1ch and adding a rear camera later as technology advances in the UK.
Basically I'm looking for the latest technology believing that it must surely be the best solution but every where I turn I find that the device's, in one form or another, have been released 12, 18 or even 24 months previously. I'm restricting myself to the "quality" brands as I believe it's preferable to.....................buy best, buy once.

Of the Brands I've been looking at :-
-Street Guardian..........either discreet but no buffered parking, sometimes form factor............ I like the remote one but don't like the bulky control unit...where would I put it.
-Panorama .......I keep reading of firmware problems, form factor !!
-Lukas..... I believe very good but Oh! the form factor looks so dated.
-FineVu..... Brilliant camera and functions but may be unreliable and form factor, the dated single channel 500 has a lithium battery....
-Blackvue... Good form factor but..........some good reviews and some terrible reviews....
and maybe..... -Think ware........

Now leaning towards the 1ch. Lukas 7900 and to hell with the form factor, or the remote Street Guardian and to hell with the large control unit.............

Can anyone advise better in terms of ..............quality, functions and reliability ?

SGZC12RC main unit is actually not that big size as it may look on pictures. Check THIS out.

I've read so many reviews and turned so many different ways I'm dizzy................
First I thought 2ch but every one of those units seems to have some sort of achilles heel, so now I'm probably looking at 1ch and adding a rear camera later as technology advances in the UK.
Basically I'm looking for the latest technology believing that it must surely be the best solution but every where I turn I find that the device's, in one form or another, have been released 12, 18 or even 24 months previously. I'm restricting myself to the "quality" brands as I believe it's preferable to.....................buy best, buy once.

Of the Brands I've been looking at :-
-Street Guardian..........either discreet but no buffered parking, sometimes form factor............ I like the remote one but don't like the bulky control unit...where would I put it.
-Panorama .......I keep reading of firmware problems, form factor !!
-Lukas..... I believe very good but Oh! the form factor looks so dated.
-FineVu..... Brilliant camera and functions but may be unreliable and form factor, the dated single channel 500 has a lithium battery....
-Blackvue... Good form factor but..........some good reviews and some terrible reviews....
and maybe..... -Think ware........

Now leaning towards the 1ch. Lukas 7900 and to hell with the form factor, or the remote Street Guardian and to hell with the large control unit.............

Can anyone advise better in terms of ..............quality, functions and reliability ?

Just started testing the CR2000 Omega this week, the rear camera is so much better and to be honest I think it's as good as some of the Blackvue 1CH cameras.
It's even smaller than Blackvue's 2CH rear camera too and offers Sony EXMOR sensor recording in a variable bit rate hovering around 10-12 mbps.
We carried the CR2000G for more than a year and although we didn't sell too many of them they were very reliable devices, more so than the CR500HD.

12778820_890087484441982_2098581621832807283_o.jpg

Mounted it next to the DR650GW-2CH for perspective, I'm very tempted to black out the orange ring and the silver frame though. If I mount it higher up and off to the side a bit it'll make it a bit more discreet but I put it smack dab in the middle to make some sample videos with it.

First impressions

Good:
- Video quality especially in the rear is impressive for a parking mode device, recording at up to 12 + 12 mbps total
- I was actually able to make this work as a backup cam, you can set it so that the home/default screen is the rear camera and if you point the camera down a tad it works pretty nicely as a backup cam on a hatchback/suv/van
- GPS (external now) connects very quickly and the speed is very accurate according to my car's speedometer. Blackvue's GPS has a slower refresh rate and tends to be less accurate.
- Startup time is very fast
- I thought the touchscreen would generate a lot of heat but the device actually doesn't run particularly hot (by dashcam standards), definitely seems cooler than DR750
- Design; I think this is the best looking two piece 2CH touchscreen dashcam, Lukas and Blackvue's options are so tacky and plasticky in my opinion and these feels like a high quality product in your hands.

My only complaints so far:
- switched to direct hardwire kit, cleaner install but it switches to parking mode right away when you turn off the car and there isn't anything you can do to change that. When it does so you can't access any of the settings on the screen.
- Because I turned off the orange LED ring there's no way to know it's recording in parking mode, there's no other LED indicator on the device so unless you click the screen you can't tell whether it's running
- No way to change the screen brightness, I wouldn't mind being able to reduce the screen brightness a bit

Happy to answer any questions you may have about this device

Last edited:
Nice to see you posting BlackboxMyCar about the new FineVu Omega.

You mentioned the unit going right into parking mode using the hardwire kit. I'm wondering if that is still the case if you plug it into a Cellink B using the standard power cord.

As for the video quality..................it's awesome just like you mentioned.

Thanks, Brian

@fastcarguy1 For these dashcams that use direct hardwire kits they switch into parking mode based on the ACC wire going active/inactive, if you use the cigarette adapter it won't switch into parking mode. For the Blackvue and older FineVu CR2000 they switch to parking mode based on the G-Sensor.

With Cellink B it would behave the same as if you were to connect it to the fuse box if you use it with the direct hardwire output method, there's 3 wires coming out of the Cellink (Yellow, Red, and Black) and you have to match those to the camera's direct hardwiring kit. Yellow = constant, Red = ACC, Black = ground. For the cigarette adapter they come with it only uses the yellow wire as it doesn't need to/can't tell the camera when the car is on or off.
IMG_5846.jpg

@fastcarguy1 For these dashcams that use direct hardwire kits they switch into parking mode based on the ACC wire going active/inactive, if you use the cigarette adapter it won't switch into parking mode. For the Blackvue and older FineVu CR2000 they switch to parking mode based on the G-Sensor.

With Cellink B it would behave the same as if you were to connect it to the fuse box if you use it with the direct hardwire output method, there's 3 wires coming out of the Cellink (Yellow, Red, and Black) and you have to match those to the camera's direct hardwiring kit. Yellow = constant, Red = ACC, Black = ground. For the cigarette adapter they come with it only uses the yellow wire as it doesn't need to/can't tell the camera when the car is on or off.
IMG_5846.jpg
Thanks that all makes sense

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
USDashCamera FineVu 4
Back