CR 500 - Firmeware update

Sorry FineVu NZ. Didn't get your post..

if you propose to buy it from you, then no need for me to do that. I'm just asking if anybody can help me with any advice how to make it work again.

No,

he just offers you to provide you with the English firmware 1.00.116 because you can not download it from Finevu.com (at current state of time).
But I guess this will not solve your issue :( .
I am afraid the flash procedure was going wrong and you need to send your camera back for maintenance.

Regards

I'm in US. Not sure if there is any official service exists here. Def don't want to send it oversea. I even have no idea how to fix it...

For now i downloaded Firmware ver.1.00.015 Eng version and v.1.00.012_Korean version. tried them both - no success.

I dont know where you did buy your cam, but in US/CDN you can may ask these two for assistance:
Finevu I
Finevu II
But anyhow I am rather convinced that both will say you need to send the camera to Korea. I guess there is no other chance to fix it.

Regards

i did it, i fixed it! Yay! Kept the sd card empty in, pressed and hold turn-on button and clicked 3 times reset button. The unit was hooked up. So it works now.

Thanks, especially FSC830!

If anybody gets into the same problems - ping me. Will be glad to help with it.

Um so the cam has been working OK, but recently its being odd. I don't think its holding a charge anymore. If I turn on my vehicle, the cam lights go white and it starts up. Even though its directly connected to the board. It use to be fine because its battery would hold between changing the current from battery to running vehicle. Even when I turn off the GPS, the can turns off right away, there no 5 second wait to save the video... Any ideas? It seems to have started doing this since I updated it to .15 eng. do you think its a firmware thing or hardware? anyone have firm .16 English?

Hi Folks,
I'm new to the site and getting ready to buy a CR500. I have been looking at the posts here about the firmware and wondering if anybody has d/l'd the 1.01.000 from the finevu website. If so, is it working properly for you? Do they have an english version of it yet? Are the instructions on flashing the camera still the same.
Thanks for the help!

deutsche_mak said:
Hi Folks,
I'm new to the site and getting ready to buy a CR500. I have been looking at the posts here about the firmware and wondering if anybody has d/l'd the 1.01.000 from the finevu website. If so, is it working properly for you? Do they have an english version of it yet? Are the instructions on flashing the camera still the same.
Thanks for the help!
yes all the same, no any issue after a flash of my cr500 .116 to this new firmware. Please note this is only korean language version.

Hi,

send a mail to Finevu.nz, he (they) will provide an English version of 1.00.116.

Regards

Maestro said:
i did it, i fixed it! Yay! Kept the sd card empty in, pressed and hold turn-on button and clicked 3 times reset button. The unit was hooked up. So it works now.

Thanks, especially FSC830!

If anybody gets into the same problems - ping me. Will be glad to help with it.
##

:?: Thanks for your post.
But due I dont really could give you an answer how to fix your problem I guess you have found help by contacting one of the two links given above!?

So if I understand your post correct you need to do following steps to fix a wrongly-flashed camera:
1. Insert an empty SD-card
2. Press and hold Power-on button
3. Press Reset 3 times

Thats it?
(without guarantee that this will work for every issue ;) )

Regards

FSC830 said:
Hi,

send a mail to Finevu.nz, he (they) will provide an English version of 1.00.116.

Regards
Do you know - have they english version of 1.01.000 ?

FineVu NZ said:
Highest is 1.00.116 in English.

slako said:
FSC830 said:
Hi,

Regards
Do you know - have they english version of 1.01.000 ?

Do you have the .0116 eng? I think the 0115 is causing my cam to bug, could you send it to me please?

"Um so the cam has been working OK, but recently its being odd. I don't think its holding a charge anymore. If I turn on my vehicle, the cam lights go white and it starts up. Even though its directly connected to the board. It use to be fine because its battery would hold between changing the current from battery to running vehicle. Even when I turn off the GPS, the can turns off right away, there no 5 second wait to save the video... Any ideas? It seems to have started doing this since I updated it to .15 eng. do you think its a firmware thing or hardware? anyone have firm .16 English?"

the update didn't fix the battery issue, any ideas?

Does anyone have a copy of 1.00.116 handy they could send me? I tried PM'ing FineVu NZ but haven't received a response.

Can i pleas get the X.116 English firmware or a download link

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
hometechnc CR-500HD 5
Milamber CR-500HD 5
Back