'Crash for cash' scam concerns leads number of car drivers using dash cams to double in a year

Part of the problem is that insurers aren't too bothered who is the guilty party.

yes and no, for real accidents that's the nature of their business, in the case of crash for cash it's not the vehicle damage claim that is the issue it's the fake personal injury claims that is costing them big money each year

yes and no, for real accidents that's the nature of their business, in the case of crash for cash it's not the vehicle damage claim that is the issue it's the fake personal injury claims that is costing them us big money each year
Corrected for you as you know overall rate depends upon what they pay out to others.

Last edited:
Corrected for you as you know overall rate depends upon what they pay out to others.

well yes the costs do end up being passed to the consumer, just because that happens don't think they wouldn't prefer not to be paying out these fake claims, regardless of costs being passed on they don't support fraud

regardless of costs being passed on they don't support fraud
In the UK it used to be common practice for insurance companies to sell written-off vehicles (with the log books) for prices far in excess of their scrap value.
The buyers were criminals who used the registration details to sell stolen vehicles.
Did the insurance companies care enough to stop it? No. Not until they were forced to.

If only ppl knew the bill was passed on to the consumers, but ppl here seem to think its free to cheat with the taxes and insurance claims. :rolleyes:

Allso i suspect insurance here might be fooked, my #1 car i got off my insurance guy, got the volvo 121 for 12000 DKkr and 2 years later when it got rammed by a drunk guy i got 12500DKkr back from the insurance company.
And i did not pimp the value of the car, and my insurance guy allready knew what i paied for it.

Allso my first bicycle that got stolen ( when i was 11 ) the bike cost 1100DKkr but 6 months later when it got stolen i got 1300DKkr from the insurance company.

That allways seemed off to me with my knowlege of common business practices, but then again so many things here get my airraid siren going and red flags go up.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
S Dash Cam Discussion 1
Back