Crashing / Freezing issues mk2

I had a similar problem and it was a battery issue.
When you turn off engine (i.e. disconnect power), the screen should stay on for 10sec via battery
If the screen immediately turns off instead, then the battery has no power and might need replacing (if it won't charge up)

I suspect that this model is particularly sensitive to having consistent/clean power delivered to it. When I was recently installing my 612GW I was fiddling with the settings with the engine/ACC off so I managed to accidentally discharge the battery. From this point the unit started to act up (even with the engine running) e.g. freezing up, refusing to format the card and it got VERY hot, once I'd put 25% charge back into the battery (USB charger indoors), the unit then behaved perfectly and has done since then (3 weeks).

The fact that the integrated better is such a low capacity probably doesn't help because it means it's easily discharged (and then the dashcam starts to throw a strop) especially when you consider that all batteries degrade over time and being exposed to direct sunlight through a windscreen is not an easy operating condition for a Li-On battery. Ultimately if a battery only has the capacity of the type supplied with cheap garden solar lights it doesn't leave much reserve capacity to cover battery degradation.

Personally I think it would have been much preferable to have had removable rechargeable batteries i.e. a proprietary battery pack where a replacement can be easily purchased or ideally just standard rechargeables i.e. 2xAA or a 9v, that way a user can choose to purchase the highest capacity batteries possible (if they so choose). The fact that you cannot easily purchase the integrated battery pack (in a unit that seems to often need the battery replaced less than every 12 months) seems like "built in obsolescence". It seems unfair that a user could have paid £250+ when the unit 1st launched, only gets a 12month warranty and once it's out of warranty has to bin the unit if/when the battery pack fails instead of being able to purchase a replacement pack and fit it themselves (assuming the user is comfortable taking the unit apart).

*To be clear, I'm really impressed with the overall performance of the unit but I believe companies should be called out in public for issues like the above. (Especially if they want to be succesful long term, they should properly address issues like this)

Just out of interest off topic from your question but does the 612 capture motion ie when the car is parked up people walking/driving past or parking near you? Can't find much info about this out. As I am looking at upgrading my 312 to the 612?

So why don't you ask your own question instead of taking three threads off topic?
Sorry I thought Hitler was dead?
But on a serious note I have with no reply hence asking on here.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

Nothing to do with Hitler, he is dead. ;+)
And now back to the forum etiquette tack, it's just generally bad form to hijack a totally unrelated thread as any answers that you get to your question will not be expected by others in threads entitled 'Freezing Issues' or 'Resetting'.
It is also bad form to ask the same question twice (let alone three times) in the same forum, as any answers will be scattered around all over the place.
And as you didn't get an answer to your own thread posted at 10:45, you decided to hijack two other threads at 15:40 and 15:41?

In answer to your question, see your first thread.

Please accept my sincere apologies.:)

I was just looking for some help regarding this issue and as they seemed popular posts with people knowing their stuff thought maybe they would shed some light on my question.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
A 612GW 16
Back