Crazy van driver driving at over 30 times the speed limit has near-miss with cyclist on wrong side o

Rajagra

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Dash Cam
Mini0806
I was that crazy van driver.
(You'll need to watch full-screen to understand.)

See what you mean.

Excellent graphics, by the way.

Yup, the dashcam said I was hovering around the 600mph mark. First time I've noticed that bug happen.
I guess that proves conclusively that the stated speed can't be relied on for a conviction.
Maybe a satellite fell down, LOL.

Hmmmm...600mph.....that's $9 dollars a mile for every mile over the posted speed limit...assuming the speed limit is 35...you owe the court for 565 miles per hour over the speed limit at $9 per mile plus $150 in court cost.....pay the clerk please....oh.....and your pilots license is revoked for one year....cause you were flying.

There was a girl on the right bicycling with a helmet in her arm instead of on her head o_O

Great video alright Rajagra.

Yep we call a cyclist going against the traffic a salmon.....fighting the current.:) Gets me how they reckon it is a safe way to go through traffic. The worst ones do it at night, all in black with no lights.
They are called salmon ninjas....Probably the same all over the world.

Pedestrians are taught to walk against oncoming traffic when there are no footpaths so why not cyclists?

Hmmmm...600mph.....that's $9 dollars a mile for every mile over the posted speed limit...assuming the speed limit is 35...you owe the court for 565 miles per hour over the speed limit at $9 per mile plus $150 in court cost.....pay the clerk please....oh.....and your pilots license is revoked for one year....cause you were flying.
The general speed limit in towns is 30 MPH but the lane was marked with a 20. I'm never sure if the 20 is compulsory.

I've noticed that the cyclists are moving away from the all black hard to see style and are now going for more traditional camouflage colours making them even more difficult to see!

Met this one recently, without going to military camouflage patterns it will be hard to get much more invisible:
upload_2017-2-3_11-30-8.png

The general speed limit in towns is 30 MPH but the lane was marked with a 20. I'm never sure if the 20 is compulsory.
There's usually a proper 20mph speed limit sign around but the road markings are more frequent. Some councils confuse the issue by putting a red circled 20 sign on a poster saying "Twenty is plenty." Note to councils: it bloody well ISN'T!

But are those posters valid speed limit signs? Do the road markings have any legal weight anywhere at all?

I don't know, but I do know this. Tom Tom sat navs still report most of these areas as 30 limits and they've had a lot of time to catch up. So are these 20 limits not officially applicable?

Sent from my tap-to-talk using Tapatalk

Pedestrians are taught to walk against oncoming traffic when there are no footpaths so why not cyclists?
Because then they wouldn't be able to pretend the dangers don't exist.

But the real answer is that they are vehicles. They keep saying so. When it suits them!

Hmmmm...600mph.....that's $9 dollars a mile for every mile over the posted speed limit.

You have a linear system? That's cute...

There's usually a proper 20mph speed limit sign around but the road markings are more frequent. Some councils confuse the issue by putting a red circled 20 sign on a poster saying "Twenty is plenty." Note to councils: it bloody well ISN'T!

But are those posters valid speed limit signs? Do the road markings have any legal weight anywhere at all?

I don't know, but I do know this. Tom Tom sat navs still report most of these areas as 30 limits and they've had a lot of time to catch up. So are these 20 limits not officially applicable?

I've read that the councils can't enforce it, only the police. But speed detection devices aren't calibrated for less than 30MPH so the police would have to follow you for a minimum distance in a police car that has a calibrated speedo.

Yep we call a cyclist going against the traffic a salmon.....fighting the current.:) Gets me how they reckon it is a safe way to go through traffic. The worst ones do it at night, all in black with no lights.
They are called salmon ninjas....Probably the same all over the world.
Not really. Over here some people call them idiots, others call them roadkill.

Not really. Over here some people call them idiots, others call them roadkill.
Or 'rectums' (not my first choice of words but the censor would get me if I used it).

Yep we call a cyclist going against the traffic a salmon.....fighting the current.:)
lol. that's good. Better than the term I heard for cars with only one working head light .... we call them cyclops.

Edit: Salmon are much sought after sports fish which is highly regarded by anglers. Think about, though. Salmon going upstream, if not captured by a bear, eagle or Angler, will spawn and die. Just like bicyclists going against the traffic, well hopefully not the spawn part.

Last edited:
I have seen Noddy cars fitted with speed detection hardware lurking in 20mph streets. I wonder if they have special calibration or just target those doing over 30?
In any case they didn't get me!

I have seen Noddy cars fitted with speed detection hardware lurking in 20mph streets. I wonder if they have special calibration or just target those doing over 30?
In any case they didn't get me!

They're usually just ANPR

Westminster_toyota_ANPR_camera_car.jpg

Back