Crosstour CR600 dash cam hardwire not auto turning on

Stephen24796

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

First if all this is my first post so please be gentle

I have just fitted a new dashcam to my car, the dashcam I got is a crosstour CR600, the actual camera is amazing, I got it because if how discreet it is. I chose to hardwire it which to my knowledge I have done correctly, I used a voltage tester to determine a safe constant current fuse to use. My car is a 64 plate fiesta, the fuse I have my cam hardwired to is the Bluetooth fuse as that as constant power. Now here is my problem, I have no problem with the power, i know the cam is receiving power because the charge symbol appears, my only issue is that the cam does not automatically turn on when I start the car, i think this may be to do with park mode been enabled? Ideally I would like park mode for that extra bit of security but it's a pain having to hit record everytime I get in my car, to use the auto turn on will I have to change it to a switched fuse and just go without park mode?

I own a Cr600 also. Mine is not hardwired, but I think my experience is relevant.

I found that if it is plugged into a power source that is continually on, it will not turn on when I start the car, nor turn off when I turn off the ignition.

When I plugged it into a power source (cigarette lighter outlet) that loses power when the ignition is off, it turns on and off with the ignition, which is what I wanted.

Unfortunately, our second car has no power outlets that lose power when the ignition is off. Now I need to find where I can connect it to where the power does go off appropriately!

I hope you can find such a connection as well.

If your hard wire kit are 3 wires, with a always on +12 wire and a ACC +12 V wire, then the problem might be with these two.
I think in general with 3 wire systems the camera are powered by the always on +12 V, but the +12 V ACC wire is what tell the camera to go to parking mode or not.

If parking mode are turned on in a camera, it will of course change to that when car is turned off, but most cameras have a way to turn if off manually too, say you park in your garage at home where parking mode are of course not needed.
This manual off option are often a long press ( 10 seconds ) of one of the buttons.
Once parking mode have timed out or shut down due to low voltage cut off in the hard wire kit, the camera should of course come on when you start your car the next time.

Thats just general observations of mine, i am not familiar with your brand / model of camera.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
T Crosstour 0
Back