Cut off driver while stopping = pulled over

Shane Morton

Reaction score
Country
United States
We all hate it when other drivers can't make up their freaking minds and decides to cut off a other driver while he was stopping that had cars in front of him. Basically he wants to make a right turn, but is in the wrong lane and decides to change lanes at the last second. Well an officer saw this and that driver got pulled over. Watch the first clip and last clip if you want to speed things up. You all know that feeling...

We all hate it when other drivers can't make up their freaking minds and decides to cut off a other driver ]
yeah, but I love it when they do this kind of $**t right in front of a police officer.

Edit: Here in Ontario, the signage is bad and you are very close to an interchange or intersection, like 6 seconds away, before you see or read or the sign. Few cases of advance warning, and little opportunity to prepare to change. However, they does give people the right to cut off. Also they can turn double back.

In what little in the way of driving I did in Detroit to Port Huron, I found the signage much better than here.

Last edited:
Can someone please tell me what happened? I couldn't see a thing, too many obstacles in the way. :rolleyes:

Can someone please tell me what happened? I couldn't see a thing, too many obstacles in the way. :rolleyes:

Apparently in the States they call what happened at 0:50 in the first clip (the black car merging into the first lane again, after having passed that silver car), being 'cut off'.
If officers stopped all the people in Europe driving like that, we'd all be permanently pulled over I think...

That being said, you can't compare driving in the US with driving in Europe. We obviously are straight lunatics compared to them... :D

In the US you are not supposed to go into another lane unless the car which will be behind you is at a safe following distance and the car which will be ahead of you will be at your safe following distance. Maybe on a 2-lane highway in rural Montana you'll find that much space available, but not here in SC :p Most folks here are OK if you have a couple car lengths space ahead and behind but a few will freak out :eek: 1 out of 3 give you one length each way, and one out of ten consider it OK as long as nobody gets hit :rolleyes:

BTW, being a lunatic is apparently a requirement for obtaining a SC Driver's License now. What I see here on a daily basis would make most folks set up a Psychiatrists appointment, but most of us just call it normal and go on as if it is :confused:

Phil

Apparently in the States they call what happened at 0:50 in the first clip (the black car merging into the first lane again, after having passed that silver car), being 'cut off'.
I'm not even sorry to say this but WTF?!
That's not cutting off! This is!

Or this if you like:

Back