DAB interference

Blink982

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I installed my B1W last night but it is interfering with the DAB reception. As soon as the camera is powered up, the radio stutters or completely cuts out. Is this down to the camera or power cable? Is there anything I can do or do I have to try a different camera altogether?

If it is possible that you route its power cable away from your shark antenna?

There are many posts on the forum regarding DAB.

All cameras tend to cause interference. You need to keep the wiring poles apart of each other to reduce or stop it happening.

I've routed the cable behind the passenger sun visor and it has lessened the interference but it's still apparent. Now I'm only losing the signal in a weak DAB reception area. The downside is I now have unsightly cables. There is no way I could route the cable down the driver's side as the 12v socket is in the passengers footwell.

Last edited:
You could extend a 12V source to where it can reach over there- most forms of interference will not be upstream of the PS (12V side)

Phil

Changed to a different model. Problem solved.

Which one? That answer might help the next person experiencig simnilar problems ;)

Phil

A blackvue as i recall.

I have a 2018 Kia Soul EV.

I can't plug the B1W in anywhere without it completely cutting out the DAB radio. Even with the camera in my hand.

There's a review on Amazon.co.uk claiming that the interference is from the included 12V adaptor.

Lee Heap

4.0 out of 5 starsGood camera, bad power adapter (FM & DAB radio interference)
31 July 2018
Size: B1WVerified Purchase
Good camera for the price, picture quality isn't bad although the sharpening effect is a bit on the strong side. Very small and discreet.
BE WARNED, the cigarette to usb power adapter gives off a TON of RF interference. If you have DAB radio in your car there is a good chance you'll notice weak or no signal after powering the camera from the included power adapter, it'll also interfere in the FM range too. It is garbage, if you are planning to power the camera from the cigarette lighter (or cracking open the adapter and using the 12v-5v circuit hard-wired to a fuse tap) throw away the included power adapter and buy a decent branded one. I used a belkin 1 amp USB micro charger and the DAB & FM radio interference problems went away.
One person found this helpful
Helpful
Comment Report abuse

I bought one of these to power the camera and the problem is solved: https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/B077Q8RHDR

I have a 2018 Kia Soul EV.

I can't plug the B1W in anywhere without it completely cutting out the DAB radio. Even with the camera in my hand.

There's a review on Amazon.co.uk claiming that the interference is from the included 12V adaptor.

I bought one of these to power the camera and the problem is solved: https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/B077Q8RHDR
Thanks for your clue, really appreciated!
But how about the power cable to the camera? which power cable you used?

Last edited:
Back