Dark spot on images

cvsmjd

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi
I was trying out the GUI control and Configure for PC (great wotk) and noticed when viewing on the TV with the camera looking at a blank wall that there appears to be a small dark area in the bottom left corner. I thought it was dust on the lens but its not. I then went back through all my pictures/ video and its always been there just not noticeable if there are lots of colors detail in the image.
Anyone else noticed anything similar? I have not had the front off my camera, but do you think it could be dirt on the sensor-? if so any ideas how easy is it to get at the sensor for cleaning?

thanks

I had the same problem after using the Yi for a few weeks. It was dust behind the lens (not sure if the dust was actually on the sensor or just on the other side of the lens).

I opened the cam, unscrewed the lens and blew some air over the back of the lens and on the sensor. After that I put the cam back together and the dark spot was gone.

I had the same problem after using the Yi for a few weeks. It was dust behind the lens (not sure if the dust was actually on the sensor or just on the other side of the lens).

I opened the cam, unscrewed the lens and blew some air over the back of the lens and on the sensor. After that I put the cam back together and the dark spot was gone.
Thanks - just getting the nerve up to open up the front -any tips ?

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
R Yi Action Camera 8