Dash cam for £100 or less what do you suggest

technium

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all

Ive just found this forum and im after your expertice

I have a Hyundai Coupe and want to get a dashcam installed in the car.

I have a budget of £100 and Im quite happy with front view one for now but would possibly like the option of installing a rear view camera too at a later date when more funds are available.

Im quite happy to wire it all so Battery or powered one is fine by me but I want it to be stealth like so not something the would be thief would see to steal.

I am hoping to leave the camera setup in the car overnight and ideally it would start recording straight away on its own without me having to press start or stop etc.

Obviously theres a lot there but hopefully that gives you info to go on :)

thanks for your help.

As you're in the UK, I suggest that you buy from a UK seller. Buying from a Chinese seller is tempting due to rock bottom prices, however, if a fault arises & you have to post it back to China, you will regret the choice you made.

The A118 / B40 & the Mobius fit your criteria...

And you can get both in the UK :)

Thanks all.

Is there a specific place online to buy from or will Amazon be ok?

thanks

Colin

If you choose Mobius, buy from one of the Mobius-approved sellers listed at...

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showpost.php?p=25170905&postcount=2

Buying from any of the approved sellers guarantees you won't be sold a knockoff / clone / counterfeit product.

I bought my first Mobius from JooVuu & the second from Webbex.

I believe that JooVuu also sell the A118 / B40

Last edited:
If you choose Mobius, buy from one of the Mobius-approved sellers listed at...

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showpost.php?p=25170905&postcount=2

Buying from any of the approved sellers guarantees you won't be sold a knockoff / clone / counterfeit product.

I bought my first Mobius from JooVuu & the second from Webbex.

I believe that JooVuu also sell the A118 / B40
Hi russ331

Thank you for recommend Joovuu shop to others for B40 and Mobius,which is original branded relatively from Tiesfong(developer with new rotation lens) and authorized USA and UK reseller .

I guess you could get free shipping chance from Joovuu.com website also.

Thanks all.

Both are about £50 so well within budget. I prefer the B40 A118 as that looks like a better fit for my windscreen but is there a preference between the two or are they pretty much the same?

Tried Joovuu but the site is down at the moment.

thanks

Colin

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks Russ.

Banggood have two of the Mobious cameras one for £50 and the other for £53 but both look the same to me.

Im concerned that with a mount to get the camera facing outward instead of down (as the lens is fixed) the whole thing will then become too visible to outside people or is that not the case?

Thanks all.

Both are about £50 so well within budget. I prefer the B40 A118 as that looks like a better fit for my windscreen but is there a preference between the two or are they pretty much the same?

Tried Joovuu but the site is down at the moment.

thanks

Colin
@JooVuu Hello everyone,just inform an updated words from our shop owner" Also Emma please tell people the website will be back shortly but we are still experiencing customer service problems and data may have been lost"

Last edited:
Im concerned that with a mount to get the camera facing outward instead of down (as the lens is fixed) the whole thing will then become too visible to outside people or is that not the case?

Thanks to it's mounting cradle & standard tripod thread, Mobius is very versatile when it comes to discreet / stealthy mounting solutions. There's a thread on the subject at...

https://dashcamtalk.com/forum/threads/mobius-mounting-solutions.2654/

Mounts attached to the windscreen often attract attention. My front & rear cams avoid that possibility...

image.jpg image.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks Russ, that looks a better idea, your cheese shape mount was that home made?

When I buy it, is there any extras I should purchase along with it that you might suggest?

thanks again.

Thanks Russ, that looks a better idea, your cheese shape mount was that home made? When I buy it, is there any extras I should purchase along with it that you might suggest?

The wedge mount was made by attacking a wooden door wedge with a junior hacksaw. It's literally the 'thin end of the wedge' :)

Re extras, you'll need the Mobius 3 metre power cable, & a USB accessory socket adapter ... the one sold by Mobius vendors is fine ... the £1 ones sold on eBay should be avoided. To check video clips on a PC, it's convenient to use a card reader to copy clips to PC rather than have Mobius connected to PC by cable.

You may already have a MicroSD card available for use. If not, the most compatible card is Kingston Class 4. 32GB offers the best blend of capacity vs bang for buck. To avoid counterfeit cards, I buy cards sold by & fulfilled by Amazon.

image.jpg

Great thanks mate, will look into getting them.

thanks for all your help and advice.

joovuu site still not up yet so cant check out their site.

I cant see a 3m power cable on banggood but is it just a usb lead? if so how do you power this in the car environment as I dont have any usb ports apart from in the stereo and thats used by a external hard drive. Is there a way to power this straight from existing wiring within the car? Also do you have it so its connected to wiring that powers up when ignition on or constantly powered from a feed directly from the car battery so the device is permenantly powered?

Sorry didnt want to ask more questions as already taken too much of your time.

I cant see a 3m power cable on banggood but is it just a usb lead?

Yes, it is a standard cable, a 5 pin USB A to mini-B. Banggood doesn't sell those, the usual eBay seller (eletoponline365 ) seems to be out of the ones @russ331 is referring to but Monoprice sells an excellent 10 ft shielded one and it can be found on Amazon UK.

Last edited:
Back