Dash cam for £100 or less what do you suggest

That definitely looks like a better deal.

That exact same USB cable sells for a mere $1.31 (0.67654 GBP) on the US Monoprice web site

What price are you seeing that cable for on your end? From here the Amazon UK link shows it at £5.99.

£5.99 + £6.91 shipping! We call it the Great British Ripoff :eek:

£5.99 + £6.91 shipping! We call it the Great British Ripoff :eek:

Oh my, that won't do! Nothing like paying more for shipping that the cost of the item. The US is hardly immune from this sort of thing either.

Edit: This prompted me to poke around on Amazon UK and I found some other options - this one, for £2.75 with free shipping. Or how about essentially free with £6.91 shipping? :)

Last edited:
OK ive purchased a 12v DC to 5v 2amp usb cigerette lighter adapter which I will solder on to existing wiring behind the dash as I dont want it visible and ive also ordered a 3m USB to angled mini usb cable. I think I will buy the mobius and super capacitor and route the wires through head lining but will think about mounting it once its been received. Ive got loads of memory cards so thats not an issue, anything else im not thinking of?

I take it once this things up and running I dont touch it unless theres something I want to review and then I just remove the memory card and place it in my laptop?

Also shall I go with normal lens or the LENs C wide angle lens for use in the car?

thanks again

Colin

Last edited:
Hi Guys

I received my Mobius today, as its going in the car, shall I purchase that extra battery protection thing or not bother?

Also I am having abit of trouble with the msetup software. As Im using it in the car what settings do I need to change? Im strugling with:-

Power on default - video mode?
Power on delay?
Power off standby?
Power on Auto record
Motion detect - is it worth having this on?

Any advice on these would be appreciated.

thanks

Colin

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks mate, that helps alot.

Yeah I think I was on about the capacitor kit so if you recommend it then thats what I shall buy then.

Thanks
Colin

If you demand a good quality dash cam for $100 pounds. You can check the Lukas dash cam in Vancouver BC, Witness Auto Dash Cam can help you with that. The sole distributor of the Korean Lukas Dash Cam. Lukas has been the top 1 model in the Korean compares to other brand in the market. We recommend you to purchase the one channel dash cam like the LK-7700. It comes with samsung len with g sensor and motion detector, which will record and save the data automatically after there is any impact during the time of driving and parking. You won't need to worry about losing any important data because it will saved separately in the sd card, which means the daily driving videos and the impact data is separated (8GB). It provide low voltage cut out, which you don't have to worry about the electricity in your vehicle. Also you can add one more CPL filter in order to make the video more clear by reducing the sunlight reflection. It's operating temperature is from -20℃ to 70 which the Lukas cams can solve the important problem of overheat comparing with the other brand in the market cannot It will be a smaller cam. Simply you can take out the sd card then insert into any computer and watch it. More important, the exchange currency has been quite good for uk pounds to canadian dollar.
However. I would recommend you to purchase one more battery pack(LK290) because it cannot support the parking mode while your engine is stopping, only the Lukas two channels can do that without an extra battery pack.

Back