Dash cam sometimes won’t turn off

Dank2021

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello everyone. I have a transcend 200MK which I’ve had for a number of years now. I’ve wired it in myself so that it turns on/off with the ignition and it has always worked flawlessly.

The problem I have is that recently I’ve noticed that the camera sometimes will not record and instead just shows a freeze frame of when I first start that car. I have to manually turn it off for it to restart. My main concern and the part that puzzles me the most however is that despite parking up and taking the key out of the ignition, even locking the car, the screen remains on! Usually when it is performing normally it turns off within 10 seconds. If I pull the power cable out of the side then it immediately turns off so I know it isn’t using an internal battery. I left it a good 10 minutes this morning however and it remained on. Puzzled! can anyone help?

I did yes. I also replaced it for a new Sandisk high endurance just in case. Im really confused as to where it is getting power from, my only thought was that it has an internal battery?

Back