Dash Cam video size problem

chrispham007

Reaction score
Country
United States
I bought 2 dash cam from 2 different brand, and they all have to same problem. I set my loop recording to 2 min, every 2 min videos has the same size 335.5 MB, and every video that less than 2 min still have the same size of 335.5 MB. I use motion detector feature on this dash cam so most videos are 10 seconds and they all have the same size of 335.5 MB. As the result, the entire 32 gb sd card can only hold just a 3 minutes recording time. What wrong with my dash cams? Did I miss anything?

Any links to the dashcams you bought ?
What memory card do you use ( brand, type ) ?

I use this https://www.amazon.com/gp/B01951PM7Awith 32gb sd card it came with (32gb micro sd B=HC)

Unfortunately seller didn't listed any info in regards to what CPU / Processor is used, so it is hard to tell the cause, but I do guess it may be related to hardware ( CPU ) or SDK / firmware.
Have you contacted the seller about this issue ?

if I turn if off. Then each 2 min video loop will have the size of 335.5 MB. It mean my entire 32 sd card can only record 190.76 min. Is it normal?

it's not normal, perhaps it's normal for that product though, hard to say with non branded stuff as it's very much a lucky dip as to what you get sometimes

Back