Dash reflection

arcticfire

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Been a while since being around here properly, everything been working fine with my dash cams and been crazy busy with work.

I recently changed cars and installed my dash cam (unfortunately not hardwired thanks to no apparent switching fuses grrrrr - I may investigate this further when I have time) and the reflections are pretty bad (see below).

Would a CPL filter help? I think I've got some kicking about but just looking for some advice before I go searching.

Thanks
Graham

Yes, this the exact reason why a free CPL is included with all the latest 2018/2019 Street Guardian products.

Yes a CPL filter will remove much of that, but it can not remove it all together.
I am also using a home made black dashmat to cover the quite reflective dark grey plastic of my dashboard.
And i am planning on getting 2 new plastic trim panels for my A pillars and paint them black, cuz like yours mine are cream and also visible in the footage.

I am now running CPL filter on all but my 2 side cameras.

Cheers, a CPL it is then! I'll go find it, got about 15 Street Guardian boxes to find and check lol

Don't want to cover up my lovely stitched leather dash but will see how the cpl performs.

Thanks

I found the filter but the little sod keeps sliding off!

I think it's the v1, Niko will know as I bought them all from him. There's no notches so I'm guessing pushfit?

I'm sure I could fashion something to keep it in place though.

Great thanks, I'll give it a go. I'm wondering if it's time to upgrade even though the dash cam still serves me well. I get the very, very occasional crash (three times a year perhaps) but power cable out for 5 seconds sorts it. Probably the card, it's still the original!

For me 1080p is the sweet spot considering the sensor and lens size (also for low light performance) and also file size. But I'm more interested in shutter speed and any which are adjustable to at least 60fps. Are there any which go higher?

Also, are there any DVR type ones readily available now? I did find one from China but never went ahead as we sourced a few from the UK which were 720p.

yeah memory cards aren't red wine, they don't get better with age, replacing it before it fails would be a good idea

Back