dash

I am new to getting a Dash Cam. I'm shopping for the BlackVue DR650-1CH. I'm only getting this for the Parking Mode for while I'm at work for 8 hours. I see people talking about hard wiring or even the extra battery pack so the car battery won't die. I really don't see how a small piece of electronics will kill the car battery for an 8 hours period while at work. Please give me your thoughts.

Try it if your battery is old you will find out why.

Try leaving your car radio on and you will find out how long your battery lasts. The camera is drawing power all the time in parking mode so will drain the battery eventually

There is no difference between hard wiring and using the ciggy socket Think about it..

Its not how big a thing is its how much power it draws.

Just a heads up a more informative heading other than "Dash" may gain some more answers.

More info = better answers

I really don't see how a small piece of electronics will kill the car battery for an 8 hours period while at work. Please give me your thoughts.

leave your interior light on all day and see how your battery goes, do it once or twice and you're probably ok, do it every day and after a few weeks it will start to take a toll

Welcome Tocam to DCT.

Please give me your thoughts.

Here is what pop up in my mind, when I saw you title.
Here is Dash.
film-the_incredibles-dash.jpg

I see people talking about hard wiring or even the extra battery pack so the car battery won't die.

Yes there is a good reading for sure.

I really don't see how a small piece of electronics will kill the car battery for an 8 hours period while at work.

Sometime a good experience, can be the best way to learn.

Back