Dashcam 2 tone beep then single tone ?

timo75

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi. I recently had a 622gw front and rear camera fitted and its been great but one thing I can't understand or remove is a beeping sound. Its a two tone beep like a 'bing bong' (imagination needed here - I guess think doorbell?! ).. followed a few seconds later by a single tone beep..at some points its every 50-60 secs. I can't for the life of me work out what is it is or how to stop it (have two small kids trying to sleep in the back.) . I've turned the alerts audio off and the device sounds audio off in settings but its still there?
There's no message on the screen and the sd card is recoding fine and was supplied by nextbase so should be all good? . Would love to know what the 2 tone beep means and how I can stop it please? Many thanks for any help or advice.

I'm not an expert but it sounds like the G-Sensor might be set too sensitive.

Hi thanks for replying. It’s currently set to medium. I just wish I knew what the sound is actually for and why disabling alerts doesn’t turn it off? Thanks

Hi thanks for replying. It’s currently set to medium. I just wish I knew what the sound is actually for and why disabling alerts doesn’t turn it off? Thanks
could you maybe link a video of your cam doing this?

hi..yeah thats probably a very good idea.. I'll take it for a spin tomorrow and post the video.. many thanks

Hi... I managed to record the videos today and it seems to be related to the SOS system. It bleeps then SOS disappears from the screen.... then a little later it bleeps and the SOS reappears.. I'll try and attach below (not accepting the movs at the moment). . I've tried to disable alert sounds and device sounds but its still doing it? Can I keep the SOS active but lose the chime at all? Thanks..

heres some screen grabs of the SOS changing before and after the beep - I'm afraid the movies wont upload.. Ive tried movs and mp4s.
so it looks like its not getting a signal for the SOS app (worryingly often given the number of beeps and the frequency) but dont know how to disable the sound of it. Thanks

Attachments

• Screenshot 2021-12-20 at 07.22.06.png
    Screenshot 2021-12-20 at 07.22.06.png
    169.6 KB · Views: 6
  • Screenshot 2021-12-20 at 07.21.55.png
    Screenshot 2021-12-20 at 07.21.55.png
    178.4 KB · Views: 6
Hi. I recently had a 622gw front and rear camera fitted and its been great but one thing I can't understand or remove is a beeping sound. Its a two tone beep like a 'bing bong' (imagination needed here - I guess think doorbell?! ).. followed a few seconds later by a single tone beep..at some points its every 50-60 secs. I can't for the life of me work out what is it is or how to stop it (have two small kids trying to sleep in the back.) . I've turned the alerts audio off and the device sounds audio off in settings but its still there?
There's no message on the screen and the sd card is recoding fine and was supplied by nextbase so should be all good? . Would love to know what the 2 tone beep means and how I can stop it please? Many thanks for any help or advice.
Hi,

This is the audio notification for the Bluetooth disconnecting (two notes) and connecting (one note). Please ensure the following settings are correct on your phone:

iPhone: on your iPhone, go into Settings- MyNextbase- Background Refresh Data- Ensure this is turned on. If you see 'Location' this must also be set to 'Always'.
Then go to your MyNextbase Connect app and click on the menu in the top left of the app home screen. Select App Settings and turn on ‘Enable Low Resolution Downloads'.

Android: on your phone, go into Settings- Apps- MyNextbase- Notifications- Ensure these are set to On. Then go back one screen to Permissions and ensure these are also turned on.
Then go to your MyNextbase Connect app and click on the menu in the top left of the app home screen. Select App Settings and turn on ‘Prefer Wi-Fi Direct Downloads’, ‘Allow analytics’ and ‘Enable Low Resolution Downloads'.

Kind regards,
Millie
Nextbase Technical Support

Thank you. My location was already set to always but my ‘allow low res’ wasn’t on so I’ll try that thanks. Can I ask though why low res downloads affects a Bluetooth connection for a phone 3 feet from the camera ? Also is there a way to turn the chime off? I’ve turned the device and alerts off but it still happens?
Many thanks
Tim

Hi I tried the settings but it still does the tone? Also I stream audio via Bluetooth and the camera now interrupts that and stops the audio playing. I’m guessing my best option is forget camera device on Bluetooth and cancel sos subscription? Thanks

I’ve just seen other drivers have same issue with other nextbase models. Some had to have their cameras replaced. I’ll try and do firmware again. Thanks

Hi,

I'd recommend re-setting the connection. Please follow this procedure closely and in the exact order as displayed. This is crucial for correct connection:

1) Turn on the Camera
2) Stop it recording (press the red button on the screen)
3) Go into 'Settings' (press the button in the top left of the screen)
4) Go into 'Setup'
5) Scroll across to 'Keep User Settings'
6) Turn OFF 'Keep User Settings'
7) Go back to 'Setup' settings
8) Scroll across to 'Default Settings'
9) Select 'YES'. The camera will now reboot.

10) On your phone, please uninstall the MyNextbase Connect app. Please be aware that this will delete any saved data currently stored on the app. If you have footage saved that you require, please upload it to the Nextbase Cloud and make a note of the codes then provided. You can then download the footage to your phone at a later date, or to a computer.
11) Go into your Bluetooth settings on the phone, then delete any connections you can see to NEXTBASE
12) Go into your Wi-Fi settings on the phone, then delete any connections you can see to NEXTBASE

13) Turn off the phone and the dash camera
14) Re-start the phone and the dash camera
15) Re-install the MyNextbase Connect app on the phone

16) iPhone: Then on your iPhone, go into Settings- MyNextbase- Background Refresh Data- Ensure this is turned on. If you see 'Location' this must also be set to 'Always'.
Then go to your MyNextbase Connect app and click on the menu in the top left of the app home screen. Select App Settings and turn on ‘Enable Low Resolution Downloads'.
16) Android: Then on your phone, go into Settings- Apps- MyNextbase- Notifications- Ensure these are set to On. Then go back one screen to Permissions and ensure these are also turned on.
Then go to your MyNextbase Connect app and click on the menu in the top left of the app home screen. Select App Settings and turn on ‘Prefer Wi-Fi Direct Downloads’, ‘Allow analytics’ and ‘Enable Low Resolution Downloads'.

Once steps 1-16 have been followed precisely, please re-pair the phone and the Dash Cam as per the following instructions:
iPhone:
Android:

Kind regards,
Millie
Nextbase Technical Support

Hi tried all of the above but sadly the same.. even with the ignition off it’s constantly chiming at me getting the kids out of the car. Think I’m going to see if I can get a replacement unit to be safe. Thanks

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
152bobby 622GW 1
B 622GW 8
S 622GW 1
Back