Dashcam and navman from same power supply

greenmikey1982

Reaction score
Country
Australia
Hey everyone just had a quick question,
I have the street guardian dash cam hard wired up via a cell power wiring module ,
its currently wired into the back of a 12volt socket that's in my centre console and im planning a trip
away and want to use my navman navigation which plugs into the same socket .

so I was just curious if there was any problems running the dashcam and navman from the same 12volt socket ?
and what size fuse should I be using if both are from the same socket ?

currenty the dashcam is the only power coming from that socket and im using a 3 amp fuse ..

Thanks

ok great I might give it a test run before I leave just to make sure everything goes ok , thanks for the reply

Double Confirmed no problem, I've had quite a few running at once during various long/short term testing and also know mutli gadget user customers with no issues.

I'll jump in here as well. In my wife's Honda I've had 2 A118-C cameras (with GPS) running at the same time as I was charging 2 cell phones - all from the same 12V accessory socket. My wife didn't think much of it but the car didn't complain at all.

My sockets are labeled 10A max (12V) .
That translates to 120W, or 24A in 5V.

Even more if you rely on the standard 13.5V situation.
Should accomodate a lot of things. Fridge, coffee maker, etc..

I regularly have 3 or 4 cameras and a Garmin GPS all running off the same socket without an issue
I guess they split before the voltage is reduced to 5V ?

I have the SG and a GT680 running on the same 5V. Also works fine, no low voltage complaints.

As Daniel said....... My socket cover says 12V - 10A which would run a heap of devices and probably a laptop on its own ?

Back