Dashcam and Tint VLT %

Jam78

Reaction score
Country
Philippines
Hi Guys/Gals,

Need your recommendation for the best Tint VLT percentage I could use to have a visible video at night time, much better if we could still capture the plate number on the dash cam recording. Currently I'm using Iroad V9 and 20% tint VLT (3m CS20).

20% is too dark, thats 80% light loss for the camera.

35% is decent for camera but a little lacking in privacy and sun blocking.

Create a cut out for the lens if you want the best night quality.

20% is too dark, thats 80% light loss for the camera.

35% is decent for camera but a little lacking in privacy and sun blocking.

Create a cut out for the lens if you want the best night quality.

Would you recommend the black chrome 35%?

Is this for the front or rear glass?

I see.. if its for the front 35% might be too dark for night driving. Check whats the legal VLT is for your country first, its illegal to tint the windscreen in most countries.

Don't get black chrome, its a metallic tint which can block GPS and phone signals.

When i had my front windscreen tinted, i had 70% on. It had good solar rejection and was hard to tell it was even there.

I see.. if its for the front 35% might be too dark for night driving. Check whats the legal VLT is for your country first, its illegal to tint the windscreen in most countries.

Don't get black chrome, its a metallic tint which can block GPS and phone signals.

When i had my front windscreen tinted, i had 70% on. It had good solar rejection and was hard to tell it was even there.

Thanks for a valuable advise. :)

Back