Dashcam company won’t install in the UK.

tigermad

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
The mobile dashcam fitting conpany I use won’t fit Viofo because Viofo don’t have a UK or UK quality control. Is this correct?

Last edited:
What is a dashcam company? They have all the necessary UK government requirements?

Tell them to send you a list about approved dashcams by UK so you can buy another one. But tell them that you don't like for example Nextbase.
Another option for you is to go to another installer it is not rocket science to install a dashcam.

Tell them to send you a list about approved dashcams by UK so you can buy another one. But tell them that you don't like for example Nextbase.
Another option for you is to go to another installer it is not rocket science to install a dashcam.
I don’t want to void the warranty on my new car so best not to install a Viofo by the look of it. I can see other installers but none in my area. Will get a Thinkware U3000 instead.

Such requirement should be made by the car seller or car manufacturer and not by a dashcam installer. A dashcam installer should cover the warranty of their job about what are they installing and not about the warranty of the car.

I heard about car sellers to not approve a hardwire kit installation to the fuse box but I never heard about refusing a dashcam installation.

So the best for you and chose the dashcam which will not create you problems but I have the feeling that they are trying to cheat you in some way.

I can see other installers but none in my area
It is unfortunate to live in an area where is just one dashcam installer.

It will void the warranty the same whatever dashcam supplier is used.

The mobile dashcam fitting conpany I use won’t fit Viofo because Viofo don’t have a UK or UK quality control. Is this correct?
Do you know the name of these regulations?

The only relevant regulations I know of specific to the UK is the UKCA marking, which Viofo dashcams do have. Maybe some of the oldest, from before the UKCA mark was introduced, don't have the mark, but that is allowed for in the regulations.

That is not actually a quality mark, but many people call it a quality mark.

Last edited:
My take would be they don't want to install a product they have not sold you. The only other thing I can think of is if it's an EV and they're not used to installing on EV's and so don't want to do it.

My take would be they don't want to install a product they have not sold you. The only other thing I can think of is if it's an EV and they're not used to installing on EV's and so don't want to do it.
I wouldn't be at all surprised if the real reason for the refusal is the choice of car, rather than the dashcam!

I think it is going on a BMW EV? Which I also wouldn't be keen to touch...

Yes, its an BMW. But a dashcam should be installed on any car. The HK5 hardwire kit was updated and I expect now that the BMW computer to not give errors because it can feel the hardwire kit was installed.

I don't write here to make OP buying a Viofo, I already said that he should buy what he is making him feeling comfortable, but also to not accept anything the installers say.

The company you are using is talking Bol****s, find another fitter.

Back