dashcam for miata

bigcheese

Reaction score
Country
United States
Hi, I"m looking to replace my Lukas 7200 that worked great for 3 months and croaked.
The car is in the garage at night; I leave the top down when parked at the mall or whatever. People will take anything out of an open car, so I don't know if I should look for a permanently attached camera to catch people running into my car or if I should get something removeable so I can slip it into my pocket so it doesn't get stolen.
I guess I"ll go with the second option- discrete, GPS, no screen, something I can pull off and slip in my pockeet or the trunk. Would like front and rear facing camera for rear enders but I dunno if that's possible. Budget is under $200, but that's about as firm as the wind.

... discrete, GPS, no screen, something I can pull off and slip in my pockeet or the trunk.

Welcome to DCT. Repeated daily mounting / dismounting will cause premature wear of mounts & connectors &, when you're in a hurry, you may forget to mount it on the one occasion you really need it...

Better to permanently install a dashcam that looks like standard OEM fitment, so it won't be noticed by thieves. Dashcams like the A118, A119 & Junsun ...

https://dashcamtalk.com/forum/threads/review-junsun-1080p-wifi-dashcam-novatek-96650-gearbest.19393/

Back