Dashcam for seniors

docBol

Reaction score
Country
Belgium
Hi all,

I've been reading the dashcamTalk forum for some time. In fact it was the techmoan review and information found here that helped me chose my first dashcam over a year ago (DR32), and it was very helpful after an accident last winter.

After media exposure + my own fender bender my parents have gotten interested in obtaining one. Only, they are not very tech-savvy. Are there any out there that are better for seniors? Mind you, I’d do the installation. They just need to be able to remove the card or camera after an accident/incident (or when parking long term) and save emergency files.

Requirements:
Cheap (<100€ if possible)
Reliable (I can fiddle around with my own gear, but for my parent it should be install and forget)
Big buttons!!! (or at least a big red button to save an emergency file)

No GPS required, but a screen would be nice (They'll want to see what it is filming, especially after re-installing) + a clear indicator when it is on.

I’ve been looking at the CDV300X (looks like an interesting concept). Is there any data on reliability of this particular camera, or others from this manufacturer?
Any other tips?

ps I'm from Flanders. Any local dealers would be useful ( I've only seen rather crappy models in brick and mortar stores). To bad there is no EU distributor for the street guardian range.

Back