Looking for Dashcam with Wifi Station Mode

burjuvareis

Reaction score
Country
Turkey
Hello everyone,

I am looking for a dashcam with Wifi Station mode. For example, I know that the Viofo A129Duo model has it, but I have some questions in my mind.

Features I am looking for
Front and rear camera
Both cameras broadcasting over RTSP
Automatic activation of Wifi Station mode if possible

Thanks you in advance for your help.

Both cameras broadcasting over RTSP
The Viofo dashcams will only broadcast one channel of RTSP, and you can switch camera. If you want two cameras over RTSP at the same time then you would need two cameras.

What resolution do you need on the RTSP stream?

I think you can broadcast RTSP with both cameras in a single frame too.

I think you can broadcast RTSP with both cameras in a single frame too.
Yes, with resolution getting rather low, depending on what you want it for...

The Viofo dashcams will only broadcast one channel of RTSP, and you can switch camera. If you want two cameras over RTSP at the same time then you would need two cameras.

What resolution do you need on the RTSP stream?

480p should be enough. I don't need continuous broadcasting. I plan to use it for the reversing camera on an Android tablet. I'm developing an app that can do this. All I need is to be able to receive the camera feed.

Nearly all of the Viofo cameras support RTSP, the rest support HTTP streaming, as long as they have wifi.

I'm not sure which support Station Mode, the main ones do, but maybe @VIOFO-Support has a list somewhere, unless it is all the current dashcams with wifi?

480p should be enough. I don't need continuous broadcasting. I plan to use it for the reversing camera on an Android tablet. I'm developing an app that can do this. All I need is to be able to receive the camera feed.
They will work for that.

While doing my research, I came across Yi 4K's custom firmware and scripts. It almost meets my expectations, but it has been discontinued.
It will make my job easier if I find a dashcam with similar API/script features.
Otherwise, I will buy second-hand cameras like Yi 4K and make something custom.

Wait for Viofo support, they've made custom firmwares for people here for little features, including one for always-on station mode.

@VIOFO-Support @viofo may be able to supply the API endpoints that change the settings
There is a link to the API documentation in the first post of this A139 thread:

That document is a bit out of date, and may not match the A139 very well, but it could be useful if burjuvareis hasn't already found it.

First of all, thank you for the answers.
Viofo A139 is on my mind even though it is beyond my budget now. I will buy it if I cannot find a more suitable alternative.

I already had a Sjcam 4000. I tried Novatek API, there is a delay of about 1 second in RTSP transmission, how much is this delay in Viofo? Is there any information about this?

Back