Dashcam freezes

howardl

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have experienced freezing as well, it has frozen twice in the last 12weeks...322
Something strange happened before the second freeze,
I have it on screensaver with speed showing, I looked up after 30 minutes and saw the screen came off screensaver and turned on showing video,
When i tried to put it on screensaver again, the whole lot froze, I didn't attempt to fix it as it was very late.
The next day it seemed to have fixed itself,
But I still done a firmware update as it was a little out of date..... waiting to see if it's fixed

Skylar132

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Dash Cam
Viofo A129 Pro Duo
Oh Thank you. You seem to know a lot of technical stuff and I only know what I use. I wanted to get a good SD card but don't want to spend a fortune. I have seen this dash cam on Amazon and was tempted to buy it but wasn't sure if it was worth it and to persevere and find a solution as mine cost me £200.00

Nextbase 222x Front and Rear Dash Cam Full 1080p/30fps HD Recording in Car DVR Cam - 140° 6 lane Wide Viewing– Intelligent Parking Mode- Polarising Filter Compatible- G-Sensor Motion Detection- Hidden - £99.00​

I would probably steer clear of the 222x. From what i hear the clip on modules are extremely sensitive to vibration and disconnect often, Id say get a 322gw then you can tag on a rear window camera later

NextBase Support

Manufacturer
Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Dash Cam
Nextbase
I have experienced freezing as well, it has frozen twice in the last 12weeks...322
Something strange happened before the second freeze,
I have it on screensaver with speed showing, I looked up after 30 minutes and saw the screen came off screensaver and turned on showing video,
When i tried to put it on screensaver again, the whole lot froze, I didn't attempt to fix it as it was very late.
The next day it seemed to have fixed itself,
But I still done a firmware update as it was a little out of date..... waiting to see if it's fixed
Hello,

Are you formatting your SD card every two weeks? This can be symptomatic of a failing SD card or a non-compatible SD card.

Kind regards,
Millie
Nextbase Technical Support