Dashcam G1W-C Technical Issue

AlanAlan

Reaction score
Country
Australia
I tried googling around but I couldn't find any information for this problem.

Started the car up today and I noticed that my G1W-C dashcam did not have any information on the screen (plate number, recording time, recording symbol, etc). It just had a view of the front.
I tried turning it off and on again several times, tried the reset button, however it still did not change.
Got home and plugged it into my computer and it was still the same. Plus it doesn't ask if it will be used as storage or camera anymore. So I can't access my microSD on my computer directly from dashcam anymore.
I also noticed the red LED blinking a lot now. Not sure if it blinked so much before I encountered any problems.
None of the buttons respond, except for the power button.

Here's a picture of the interface now.
(posted below)

Any help will be appreciated. Thanks!

Dashcam is also a bit more than 1 year old.

aCeTcgS.jpg

What happens if you press the menu button?
You don't need to connect the camera to the computer to view or transfer the files. Just take the card out and connect it to the computer with a USB or SD card reader.

What happens if you press the menu button?
You don't need to connect the camera to the computer to view or transfer the files. Just take the card out and connect it to the computer with a USB or SD card reader.

All buttons do not respond. Menu button does nothing. But I managed to find the problem. The microSD card is completely dead. Possibly fried.
Dash Cam works perfectly when I put a different microSD into it.
Thanks for trying to help :)

All buttons do not respond. Menu button does nothing. But I managed to find the problem. The microSD card is completely dead. Possibly fried.
Dash Cam works perfectly when I put a different microSD into it.
Thanks for trying to help :)
Glad you managed to find the problem. If you didn't we would've get there eventually. ;)

Admin please close thread.
Here on DCT no threads are closed but I'm going to tag @DashCamMan anyway for him to move it to the proper sub-forum.

Back