dashcam losing power after 30 minutes

Mike_K

Reaction score
Country
United States
I installed my nextbase 422gw and used a OBD so it has constant power to the dashcam,the problem I was having is while I am driving the battery starts losing bars then it goes off & on, so I ordered another OBD and sent the old one back this one
has a toggle switch on it the first one did not. Now this one is doing the same thing,before I go out and buy a hardwire setup is there anything I can try or maybe someone else has had the same problem, if its the camera then thats another story.
Thanks

You'll get more relevent replies if you post in the Nextbase section, where Nextbase monitor.

I've never been a fan of using the OBD2 port to power a dashcam. Personally, I would get a defect hardwire kit.

would any hardwire kit work or does it have to be nextbase.

I have just answered your other question, which is basically the same, except the drain period is different.

I'd get the Nextbase kit.

It's very robust and reliable. I bought one almost a decade ago and it's seen service in :

Nextbase 402
Nextbase 412
Nextbase 380
Viofo A119 V2
Viofo A119 V3

... and it's still going strong.

With Nextbase dashcams though I'd be very wary trying a 3 wire HWK as all Nextbase kits are currently just 2 wire.

Last edited:
I ordered a nextbase hardwire kit and took your advice.
Thanks

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
V 422GW 1
K 422GW 3
Back