Dashcam messes up between ignition and engine start.

dashcambro

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
So I have my mobius 1 at the rear, connected to a 12V socket near my boot. Everything works great in ignition, and if I skip ignition and go straight to engine it works great.

But if I do Ignition, wait a bit then do engine it doesn't start up. Is there a particular setting for this? Thanks

A known issue with many cams. Mobius has a "Power on delay" setting in msetup but it's not a long delay. What's happening is that the cam turns on, then when the starter is used, the car battery drops enough to make the cam shut down. If you turn the car off for several seconds and then start it, the cam should shut down and boot then record. This could also happen if your car battery is weak and on the way out.

Phil

A known issue with many cams. Mobius has a "Power on delay" setting in msetup but it's not a long delay. What's happening is that the cam turns on, then when the starter is used, the car battery drops enough to make the cam shut down. If you turn the car off for several seconds and then start it, the cam should shut down and boot then record. This could also happen if your car battery is weak and on the way out.

Phil
hmm i see. So no ways around this? I can see myself forgetting to make it work when driving. If i'm not wrong my Mobius 2 doesn't have that issue, though it is hardwired to my battery. (I guess the rear being wired to the 12V is essentially the same thing).

Battery or capacitor? If it is a battery, you could try 10 second power-off disconnect which is more than enough time for your 12v supply to be restored after starting the engine. If it is a capacitor, then 10s is too long and it will not save your last file each time you turn off the engine :(

Battery or capacitor? If it is a battery, you could try 10 second power-off disconnect which is more than enough time for your 12v supply to be restored after starting the engine. If it is a capacitor, then 10s is too long and it will not save your last file each time you turn off the engine :(
I've got capacitors in my Mobius Maxi (in the front hardwired to fuse box) and Mobius 1 (in the rear connected to 12V socket in the boot). Maxi doesn't exhibit any of this behaviour, but the Mobius 1 does.

Power off disconnect is immediate, so I guess do my only option is to always remember to go from Ignition, to 1st switch and then to ignition and press start? Maybe I can put a regular battery in the rear mobius 1 and have it work with car start up and charge with the 12V adaptor? hmm

I've got capacitors in my Mobius Maxi (in the front hardwired to fuse box) and Mobius 1 (in the rear connected to 12V socket in the boot). Maxi doesn't exhibit any of this behaviour, but the Mobius 1 does.

Power off disconnect is immediate, so I guess do my only option is to always remember to go from Ignition, to 1st switch and then to ignition and press start? Maybe I can put a regular battery in the rear mobius 1 and have it work with car start up and charge with the 12V adaptor? hmm
Maxi has immediate and 2s options. I prefer 2s as it seems to avoid these startup issues for me.

Leaving a battery in a Mobius 1 long-term is not a good idea as they tend to swell up and fail. I thought it could be a short-term solution until you find something better.
https://dashcamtalk.com/forum/threa...ts-here-read-posts-1-8-first.4232/post-435842

You could try going back to an earlier FW version on the M1 (2.33 or 2.37?). I believe some changes in the last version V2.41 resulted in startup issues for a number of owners.

Maxi (battery or capacitor) does the same if 'Power Off Disconnect' is set to immediate.

As Tony mentioned, try 2.33.

Last edited:
Maxi has immediate and 2s options. I prefer 2s as it seems to avoid these startup issues for me.

Leaving a battery in a Mobius 1 long-term is not a good idea as they tend to swell up and fail. I thought it could be a short-term solution until you find something better.
https://dashcamtalk.com/forum/threa...ts-here-read-posts-1-8-first.4232/post-435842

You could try going back to an earlier FW version on the M1 (2.33 or 2.37?). I believe some changes in the last version V2.41 resulted in startup issues for a number of owners.
Maxi (capacitor) does the same if 'Power Off Disconnect' is set to immediate.

As Tony mentioned, try 2.33.
ok thanks friends. Maybe unbeknown to me the maxi was correctly set up.

I'll DG to 2.33, other than that i keep setting as immediate power off right?

ok thanks friends. Maybe unbeknown to me the maxi was correctly set up.

I'll DG to 2.33, other than that i keep setting as immediate power off right?

For the M1, yes. Maxi (battery or capacitor), 2 seconds works fine.

Thanks fellas, Mobius 1 works great now. Tested ignition to start, start to ignition etc and it records. Maxi was actually on immediate and it gave me not such problem so I kept it at that.

Back