Dashcam recommendation

Yid7

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, great forum ! I'm after some first hand advice on what is deemed to be the best dashcam.
I would like:
Decent picture
Small (ish)
Reliable
Price up to £120.
Have a few in mind but would like to see if anyone has any real world opinions.
Thanks in advance.
Col.

Within your budget best dash cam of 2013 widely known on this forum considered Panorama 2 from Powerucc, if that size is small enough to you. I managed to hide behind the mirror pretty discretely. Read main page + comparison page + powerucc sub-forum. There are many real life experiences.

If you need much smalker size tgen gt680w is one of the best so called mini dash cams with proper dash cam functions, exept has gps reading issues at the moment. But video at night is bot that great as on psnorama2 however for 99usd it does job very well, nothing yo complain.

Final "mini" choice would be Mobius, but it doesnt have convenience of operations like proper dash cams, however setting still could be done even on the go if you have android smart phone.

Those would be my Top 3 at the moment from different price ranges, but if you looking for reliable product with good day night video, then its Panorama2, almost all users reported positive feedback, exept very minor time zone shifting issue if using gps antenna ( optional buy ). If dont use gps antenna, then there is no time shift issue. Panorama2 is best bang for buck at this moment.

Thanks for the prompt info Niko, shall have a closer look at the Panorama2 as it isn't one that I have given any thought too as yet.

Thanks for the prompt info Niko, shall have a closer look at the Panorama2 as it isn't one that I have given any thought too as yet.

Also take a look into DIY project thread for few of my magnetic bracket projects for panorama2 which helps you quick mount / dismout and more discrete install.

Back