Dashcam security

Susexlad

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I'm thinking of buying a Nextbase 402G.

Does having a dashcam stuck on the windscreen make the car more likely to be broken into ?

Do some people remove their dashcam and if so how easy it it with this particular model and
does it wear out the mounting ?

Thanks

I'm thinking of buying a Nextbase 402G...
Welcome to DCT. If you're spending in the region of £130 on a dashcam, do yourself a favour & buy one that uses a capacitor, not a LiPo battery that will inevitably fail after the Guarantee expires.

A small, discreet dashcam won't be noticed by thieves, so no need to dismount it when parked. An example of a small, discreet capacitor-based dashcam is the SGZC12RC.

image.jpg

Thanks for the helpful advice. I'll certainly have a look at that model, it looks really neat.

I'm thinking of buying a Nextbase 402G.

Does having a dashcam stuck on the windscreen make the car more likely to be broken into ?

Do some people remove their dashcam and if so how easy it it with this particular model and
does it wear out the mounting ?

Thanks

I think factors like location and type of car play a part as to why folks break into them, but I agree, if you buy something small, it's less likely to be the cause as to why someone would break in.

If someone looks into your vehicle and sees a power outlet with an adapter plugged in they might be more inclined to look a little harder. Having everythig tucked away and out of sight might not warrant a second look.

If someone looks into your vehicle and sees a power outlet with an adapter plugged in they might be more inclined to look a little harder. Having everythig tucked away and out of sight might not warrant a second look.
+1

Welcome to DCT. If you're spending in the region of £130 on a dashcam, do yourself a favour & buy one that uses a capacitor, not a LiPo battery that will inevitably fail after the Guarantee expires.

A small, discreet dashcam won't be noticed by thieves, so no need to dismount it when parked. An example of a small, discreet capacitor-based dashcam is the SGZC12RC.

View attachment 20954
That cam would be far more stealthy if the lens were mounted at the end

Back