Dashcam with GPS and 2G/3G/4G (SIM card, not lens:-)

HPF

Retailer
Reaction score
Country
Norway
Dash Cam
Currently none
I've noticed there are some dashcams with SIM card slots but they are usually for GPRS use and, in addition to the cost for datatraffic, also require some sort of webtracking subscription service.

What I'm looking for is a dashcam that can send SMS alerts or respond to a SMS message. Examples:

a) overspeed alert
b) location requests
c) picture request
d) geocircle alert

This would only require a SIM card with pay-as-you-go plan.

I don't think you can do that with any commercial dashcam system, but i do think you can do just about everything ( minus pictiure / video of course ) with most 3G GPS trackers.
The K2S camera i am testing have overspeed alert, but the camera don't know the speed limits of any road as it dont have a database of roads and speeds so its just a general speed you set, and its not even user select able so pretty useless.

but the camera don't know the speed limits of any road
You set the speed limit yourself and the dashcam will sent you a SMS alert if your son, your employee or whatever exceed that limit. Then you can send a location request to see where they are driving. The hardware cost for this is low.

busy bees around, making this, making that :)

I am not going to be exited personally before i can get a #2 SIM card that can share my phone data plan.

Which BTW i am about to either get bumped up to 50 GB data or change provider,,,,, my bet is my current provider will bump my data from 30 to 50 GB not least as i only use 3 GB a month as it is.

Back