Dashcam won't stay in parking mode

RoadRage

Reaction score
Country
United States
It seems with the latesr firmware 1.003, the DR750 LTE is having trouble going from normal to parking mode

It stays in parking mode usually for a couple mins then back to normal recording. I rebooted, tried diff settings and stillthe same result.

Any others out there with this issue?

Reinstalled 1.002, issue still there. G-Sensor shows activity per the BlackVue viewer PC application, even when car is parked. Clearly a defective unit. Replaced it with another unit, and it works fine. EXCEPT, it disconnected from my LTE service when it went into parking mode. What a joke. Luckily, there seems to have been a 1.004 update (oddly enough it released the same day as 1.003, on 9/14/2020, BUT didn't show up till later). Anyway, 1.004 seems to have fixed the LTE disconnecting at parking mode issue. LTE is occasionally dropping still, but not for long. Not sure if it's my LTE provider or the dashcam...

Update: I tried 3 different providers. ATT, T-Mobile, and Verizon. ATT and T Mobile are both officially supported by Blackvue, but, they performed the WORST. The cloud connected/disconnected dozens of times throughout the day, sometimes every few minutes or every 30 minutes, it was random, but mostly in certain residential areas. Verizon has not disconnected once in over the course of nearly 10 hour testing. And it loads the videos and live view MUCH quicker than ATT and T-Mobile, even when they all showed full bars in BlackVue.

Maybe it depends on your area, but, I wish I would have just went straight to Verizon first. It would have saved me a lot of headache. Do note, you have to activate the Verizon sim card on a Verizon device first (e.g. the Verizon Jetpack hot spot) before you can load it into the DR750 LTE. Then use APN: vzwinternet when you activate it via BlackVue wifi.

The best guide for this by the way: https://www.thedashcamstore.com/how-to-configure-your-blackvue-dr750-2ch-lte-and-sim-card/

Last edited:
Reinstalled 1.002, issue still there. G-Sensor shows activity per the BlackVue viewer PC application, even when car is parked. Clearly a defective unit. Replaced it with another unit, and it works fine. EXCEPT, it disconnected from my LTE service when it went into parking mode. What a joke. Luckily, there seems to have been a 1.004 update (oddly enough it released the same day as 1.003, on 9/14/2020, BUT didn't show up till later). Anyway, 1.004 seems to have fixed the LTE disconnecting at parking mode issue. LTE is occasionally dropping still, but not for long. Not sure if it's my LTE provider or the dashcam...
I have that issue with the dropping service as well but it usually is seconds before or after my phone (on same plan and carrier) is chasing towers or has a laggy handoff between towers.

Back