Dashcam won't turn on

shiffles

Reaction score
Country
Canada
Dash Cam
A118C; Mini 0805 (x2); G1W-C
Hello,

I would like to apologize if this thread is posted in the wrong section. I actually have no clue what model this dashcam I have is or what it is even called. About a month ago, I bought this dashcam for $40 off of ebay. The listing simply calls it "Full 1080P Car DVR Camera Dash Video Camcorder 2.7'' LCD G-sensor Night Vision".

Since that title doesn't do a very good job of describing what it is, here is a picture of the one I got:
2LZSfWp.png

I've tried to look up what it's officially called but to no avail.

Here are it's specs:
  • 2.7" LCD Display
  • 6 Lights for Night Vision
  • Mini USB Port for power/data transfer
  • '1080p' Camera

Half an hour (ish) ago, I started up my car to do go get some groceries and I realized that even though the camera itself was receiving power, it would not start up and start recording. The LCD display was not displaying anything, but the battery was charging (or seems to be) since the red LED is on. I pressed the power button but nothing happened. I held it for 20-30seconds and nothing happened. I connected it to my computer and the computer does not detect the camera, and it still does not turn on.

What it looks like with the power cable connected:
jpZFBKN.jpg

I've sent a message to the ebay seller but I doubt their reply will help much (if they reply that is. it's past their refund policy timeline).

So I was wondering if anyone knew what I could do to fix it and get it back on the road.
I'm probably out of luck with this but it's still worth a try I guess.

Thank you for your help.

PayPal disputes used to be limited to 45 days but we're changed to 180 days, something to keep in mind if the seller tries to avoid their responsibilities

PayPal disputes used to be limited to 45 days but we're changed to 180 days, something to keep in mind if the seller tries to avoid their responsibilities

Can I actually start a claim for them not replying or not helping?
and I doubt I'd have any luck getting a refund. They had a 14-day refund policy on it.

I also took the camera apart to see if anything was unsoldered or burnt. The board itself looks good to me so I think it might be something to do with the software or the chips themselves.

Can I actually start a claim for them not replying or not helping?
and I doubt I'd have any luck getting a refund. They had a 14-day refund policy on it..

amazing how quickly they can respond if a chargeback is pending though ;)

amazing how quickly they can respond if a chargeback is pending though ;)

lol :D
I just want my dashcam to start recording again. :(
I guess I'll rub this off as a lesson learned if he isn't very helpful within the coming days.

Back