Dashcam Viewer Program - Won't show both front & back views at same time???

StrayCam

Reaction score
Country
United States
I'm new to the Dashcam Viewer Program (for PC). Sometimes I see both views (front & back) as you would espect. At other times, I can only see one view at a time! - - Does anyone know what could be causing this problem. Btw, I have the videos on the SD Card plugged into the SD Card reader on the PC. - - Thanks for any help with this. (btw, I have installed the codec-lite program per the instructions.)

Jokiin-

Wow, thanks for replying over here. I wanted to post in the other thread (actually the only thread where I feel I know some people), but I knew this would be totally off-topic over there!!!

So, I'm not sure how I could have mismatched files....??? I reformatted my Lexar 128 gb sd card per the instructions from Viofo. And then I set-up my A129 carefully, ie, did the pin-reset, default settings, etc... - - I put camera in car about 24 hours ago, and have a lot of parking videos and some driving videos. - - Sometimes when I look at some clips, I can see both and front and rear camera views. But right now, I can only see one view at a time.

I was wondering if I could be missing a setting...??? I have pointed the program to the video folder (E: \SD Card...) Sometimes I select the videos using the "movies icon". Either way, I'm running into problems...

What would you suggest??? - - Thanks again for your reply, and I hope I'm not interrupting your dinner!

edit, ps: While this problem occurs, the icon on the toolbar for selecting "screen view" is grayed-out...only hows #1...

no dinner at 3:25pm so no problem

if front and rear don't show up it usually means there are mismatched files on the card, we get this sometimes when people install the front cam and then add the rear camera later, there needs to be matching front and rear files for the program to index the files correctly, instead of adding the folder try adding files instead and select the matching front and rear files and you should find it's ok

Jokiin-

I think you're onto something! - - I just highlighted 2 pairs of "driving videos" that were obvious matches; I got "both front & rear views" when doing so... I can do so with any pair or groups of pairs of "driving mode" videos. - - But anytime I select "any pairs" of "parking mode" video clips, the program will only show one view at a time...??? - - Btw, the file numbers are all consecutive and the front & rear times are the same on these "parking mode" pairings.

Although the front & rear cameras were installed at the same time, I suppose there's a chance that I had the front camera go on before the rear installation was complete...?

Do you have any idea what needs to be done to get the parking mode videos to get into synch. Btw, If I select a group of videos that includes "parking mode" videos, the "driving mode" videos won't show PIP. Only when I select just "driving mode" videos, does the dual view work.... Thanks for your help with this!

I'm not sure about the parking mode, we use the same program for playback but our parking mode is done differently, I'm not familiar with the file structure that Viofo use, would be something that @traveler would need to look at I think

I'm not sure about the parking mode, we use the same program for playback but our parking mode is done differently, I'm not familiar with the file structure that Viofo use, would be something that @traveler would need to look at I think

Thanks Jokiin for your help. Since this may be an issue with the Viofo A129, I'm going to ask the guys in that other thread if they are able to get dual view with their "parking mode" videos...I'm thinking those that use the program must be getting dual view in parking mode, but I'm not sure. - - In the meantime, I've emailed the owner of Dashcam Viewer asking for suggestions on how to resolve this problem. I'll let you know if I find anything out. - - Thanks again Jokiin!

hmmmm Jokiin....you may just be right, again! - - I posted a query on the other thread. - - I know RavenManiac uses Dashcam Viewer.... In fact he's the one who suggested i buy it. I'm hoping I can get this figured out in the next day or so....

Now it's getting close to dinner time for you! - - Thanks again for all your help!

Back