Dashcams for sale at a major truck stop chain in the US

dash riposki

Reaction score
Country
Thailand
Dash Cam
too many
This is pretty typical of the 'junk' you see for sale in the US truck stops. Some have a few Garmin models.

The green packaged things are packaged/marketed by some company that has been selling these in truck stops and online for years. I think they do have some product support, but, of course, are out of date, and overpriced. 20160210_084758a.jpg

If they work, it's better than nothing. :)

Not sure those ones in the green boxes are going to be a safe bet, particularly the cheapest one

When I have the rare 'dashcam' chat with truckers, usually they say they want to save up for one of the 'name brands' (Cobra/Garmin). They don't want to hear there are better options, cheaper. :(

When I have the rare 'dashcam' chat with truckers, usually they say they want to save up for one of the 'name brands' (Cobra/Garmin). They don't want to hear there are better options, cheaper. :(

quite a shame really that the Cobra name is well known but they put their name on really poor product, they could certainly do a lot better

quite a shame really that the Cobra name is well known but they put their name on really poor product, they could certainly do a lot better
I wonder how the Cobra CDR855BT dashcam will do. It's supposed to be their newest camera with Bluetooth technology to report GPS location and speed camera data wirelessly from your phone to the cam. Amazon doesn't have any real reviews yet. I'm sure the 3 they have are cobra employees.

That cobra CDR855BT would be a problem for me, i dont have the BT or GPS in my phone on, they just use power so i leave them off.

When i am really screwed/ lazy i turn on wifi on my camera and make it act like a hot spot for my tablet in which i then turn on the GPS so i can navigate.
But me beeing a old timer i can navigate allright around in little old Denmark without GPS help, but it seem like many ppl in todays world can get lost inside a cardbord box ( that include my friend thats allso a old timer, but have zero in regard to spatial awareness, so he can get lost in a little Danish forrest )

Back