Date / Tag on recordings - Marcus 3

isdoo

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

One of my few gripes with the Marcus 3 is data recorded on the video.

It comes as standard with

date/time - Marcus 3 - their tag line

First of all you have to delete the tag to nothing by blanking each letter. A bit of a pain, but doable.

However you then can only either have the date/time - Marcus 3 or nothing.

In other words it is not possible AFAIK to only have the date/time. Why would I wish to have Marcus 3 on my recordings?

So I have decided to go with nothing - certainly not ideal.

The TF2 and WF1 are this way as well except they use the term VicoTag. I don't mind it saying Marcus 3 though. I think some blackvue cameras have the model on the video as well.

I most definitely wouldn't let it keep me from having the timestamp on it might be vital.

Last edited:
Maybe with the new firmware due out this problem may be fixed
It's not really a bug or problem. It's just how the camera is set up. It would be nice to be given the choice to turn it off, but it does not seem like a big deal.
2yzh252.png

2di0s5e.png

Only the section that says Vico-WF1 can be changed.
1zmpavs.png

Only the section that says VICOTF2+ can be changed.

I would like to see the VicoTag get changed to the model in a future firmware, but i won't be updating my TF2 until WDR becomes user adjustable again.

BlackVue
2hd4hgk.png

and FINEVu
352r7ya.png

Have it aswell.

Go this reply from VicoVation
Dear Sir, the reason we put Marcus 3 on it because previously we got many recommendations that users want the model name on Tag so that others can tell which model is this.
If you dont like Marcus 3 on it, you can activate GPS Location Overlay (Which need to be activated by connecting with GPS mouse.)
Then the Tag will show location G-force and Date/Time only.

I have ordered with the GPS so handy to know

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
I Marcus 3 19
Back