Date/Time reset

lacibaci

Reaction score
Country
United States
This is kind of a showstopper for me. Every morning the Date/Time resets. Since the GPS takes a while to lock, it creates a mess on the card where it is really hard to figure out what was recorded when. I can set the time manually, but it is a major PIA.
Anyone else has this problem?

I seen this too once yesterday, not sure if it was me tearing camera apart.

But today i allso seen a mess with no time/date reset, some of my files marked with may 8 date have ended in between recordings days old, but the bulk of todays recordings are in the end of the list where you would expect to find them.

The small RTC battery isnt soldered directly onto the pcb, maybe one of the soldering points broke in your camera

Last edited:
Another reason to open this puppy I guess. Anyone knows of specs for replacement microphone?

I've not had the issue with the date / time resetting to 2000 but mine does appear to forget the timezone setting so it pulls the files back an hour (I'm currently +1) when it gets a lock. Likewise the settings are forgotten about too on the latest test firmware 20170503 v1

we found the MS412 battery dead because leakage here on the samples in factory, which may because of manual soldering, or the heat from main PCBA.
we used test them the RTC works more than 5 days.

Ordered a new battery:
We'll see if that will fix the problem.

when you connect the new battery, try to insulate the battery from main PCB with extending wires then check out

Replacing the RTC battery fixed the problem. After over 24 hours, the date/time was still set.

Replacing the RTC battery fixed the problem. After over 24 hours, the date/time was still set.

try to insulate the battery from PCB, the MS412/MS621 battery work temperature is -20 to 60 degree C.
we are working on 10days test by cable the MS621 battery into front cavum of camera. 3 days already they survive now.

in our pass test the MS412 battery on board works for 5 days but now when we take them off from PCB and found some of them have leakage evidence.
so the first assailant should be the heat of PCB

try to insulate the battery from PCB, the MS412/MS621 battery work temperature is -20 to 60 degree C.
we are working on 10days test by cable the MS621 battery into front cavum of camera. 3 days already they survive now.

in our pass test the MS412 battery on board works for 5 days but now when we take them off from PCB and found some of them have leakage evidence.
so the first assailant should be the heat of PCB
Because 621 was larger than the original (421) I had to lift it of the PCB. I also used kapton tape for insulation.

we did camera inside temperature test today, the air temperature in housing is 50 to 55 degree, which maybe not safe enough because some user may park the vehicle under direct sunshine.
looking for MS621T supplier now. it is +85degreeC type, not sure the price yet but it must be huge :cry::cry:

Back